• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help trying to find Fantastic 3....anyone??

85 posts in this topic

I also unslab my books. I think CGC is great for restoration detection, but I love to read my comics. I don't have one book in my collection that I purchased slabbed that hasn't been removed. I only keep them in the slab if I'm looking to sell the book.

I have a few GA books that are the single highest graded copies on the census, so I keep those slabbed for posterity or potential resale someday. The other ones I tend to crack out unless I'm able to easily and inexpensively get my hands on a reprint volume or a lower graded reader copy.

don't get me wrong, i friend of mine sold some of his very high grade square backs and is certain that slabbing enhanced the prices bid....,,
Is he Bill Howard, as I was lucky to get some nice 100 pagers from him from the All Star auctions and through Michael Naiman on eBay?

I have a few GA books that are the single highest graded copies on the census, so I keep those slabbed for posterity or potential resale someday. The other ones I tend to crack out unless I'm able to easily and inexpensively get my hands on a reprint volume or a lower graded reader copy.

If the books I purchased slabbed were high grade, I'd probably be more tempted to keep them in the slab, since reading a Mile High(or whatever) can be a very tricky thing. My books are usually mid grade or lower, so reading them isn't all that risky. But I think I would be scared to death to read a 9.4 GA book; one mistake, and the book might go down a couple of points in grade-and a few hundred(or thousand!) in value.

Yes, I agree. I prefer a VG - FN book for anything that is big bucks because I just KNOW I have to read it and page through it every once in awhile and no matter what I do I would downgrade something really high grade by doing that.

Plus, it's way cheaper 27_laughing.gif

If the books I purchased slabbed were high grade, I'd probably be more tempted to keep them in the slab, since reading a Mile High(or whatever) can be a very tricky thing. My books are usually mid grade or lower, so reading them isn't all that risky. But I think I would be scared to death to read a 9.4 GA book; one mistake, and the book might go down a couple of points in grade-and a few hundred(or thousand!) in value.