• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MORE FUN COMICS 111 CGC 8.5 "D" COPY

11 posts in this topic

Just one book, announced on the title of the thread.

:takeit: rules as usual, but I will listen to offers and answer any PM with any question.

The book has been pressed by Kingofrulers. Also, the slab is cracked on the top right corner but the comic itself is not affected at all.

Second highest graded copy, with some OW to W pages, quite a rare fact on Crippen books.

$360 shipped

MFC111-1.jpg

MFC111.jpg

Paging Esquirecomics! Not sure if he has a copy already but check out his website and drop him a PM.

Thanks for the information. I know Mark is probably the biggest MFC collector around, I already offered the book to him but he has a raw copy and he's not interested in upgrading

Yes, a numerical approach would generally be best. But here you have a nonlinear system involving a fewer number of equations (one) than unknowns (two: x and y). Thus, the system is "underdetermined" and will have an infinite number of solutions. In other words, for each specific value of x (0, 1, 2, 2.375, ...), there will be a different "correct" value of y.

Class dismissed. :insane:

Yes, a numerical approach would generally be best. But here you have a nonlinear system involving a fewer number of equations (one) than unknowns (two: x and y). Thus, the system is "underdetermined" and will have an infinite number of solutions. In other words, for each specific value of x (0, 1, 2, 2.375, ...), there will be a different "correct" value of y.

Class dismissed. :insane:

Not necessarily infinite, could be one or even zero.

X^2 = - Y^2

has only one real solution (0,0)

X^2 = - (Y^2 + 1)

has no real solutions.

But if you allow complex solutions you are right.

Oh, and nice book. :insane:

Paging Esquirecomics! Not sure if he has a copy already but check out his website and drop him a PM.

Thanks for the information. I know Mark is probably the biggest MFC collector around, I already offered the book to him but he has a raw copy and he's not interested in upgrading

I actually got mine graded and it is a CGC 7.0.

Still, this is a great copy. Hope it finds a nice home! Best of luck with the sale! (thumbs u