• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kudos to Classics Inc.

24 posts in this topic

I met Matt at NYCC, and he was a really nice guy and very helpful. I talked to him about my AF15, which was already in a 2.5 slab.

He essentially told me it would not likely receive a grade bump, estimating a 10-15% chance. Although a grade bump was unlikely, I asked about aesthetic improvements that could be made and he did point out a couple areas.

Although it's probably against conventional wisdom to pay for pressing without a grade bump, I just said eff it. It's my comic and I was content with the aesthetic improvements he pointed out. Plus I've always felt it was very strong for a 2.5, so I was still hoping for (but not expecting) a grade bump.

So here it is! :whee:

af1530.jpg

I met Matt at NYCC, and he was a really nice guy and very helpful. I talked to him about my AF15, which was already in a 2.5 slab.

He essentially told me it would not likely receive a grade bump, estimating a 10-15% chance. Although a grade bump was unlikely, I asked about aesthetic improvements that could be made and he did point out a couple areas.

Although it's probably against conventional wisdom to pay for pressing without a grade bump, I just said eff it. It's my comic and I was content with the aesthetic improvements he pointed out. Plus I've always felt it was very strong for a 2.5, so I was still hoping for (but not expecting) a grade bump.

af1530.jpg

Nice looking 2.5. (worship)

I was gonna say congrats on the weak looking 3.0 :)

Really though that is sharp as hell and congrats on the bump. Got to love when that happens when you don't expect it at all.

Thanks, brendan. The way I hear PQ jumps around it would have been nice to get a bump there as well, but in this case I will definitely take what I can get. :)

af1530.jpg

Kenny does some outstanding work for Matt.I wouldnt hesitate for one second to send him a book.And that matt guy is alright also lol

And now you sell the 3.0 for profit and try to find a similar graded book that can get the bump. It is called gambling, and can be fun..

Congrats.

You also have something on your nose sir.

Nah, for now it's staying until I'm ready for an upgrade.

I don't get the nose reference.

And now you sell the 3.0 for profit and try to find a similar graded book that can get the bump. It is called gambling, and can be fun..

Congrats.

I was JOKINGLY calling you a kiss azz :baiting:

The congratulations holds. Although this thread is a recipe for disaster as many people here still do not care for squishing books.

Congrats.

I was JOKINGLY calling you a kiss azz :baiting:

The congratulations holds. Although this thread is a recipe for disaster as many people here still do not care for squishing books.

It's all good :)

I always give kudos when I'm happy with a business transaction. Pressing will inevitably continue to be brought up since is an integral part of the hobby. No need to run away from it.

And thanks again! I'm anxious to find out how all my other comics did. This was the only one being pressed, the others were signed and submitted for SS

Oh, and check out CFP comics. Joey is the man, has about 12 of my books right now.

Joey pressed my raw WD 1 and it came out 9.8, which incidentally is back at CGC after getting SS with Kirman and Moore. His price was fantastic, he did great work and it was lightning quick coming back to me. Unfortunately he didn't have a booth there.

Oh, and check out CFP comics. Joey is the man, has about 12 of my books right now.

Joey pressed my raw WD 1 and it came out 9.8, which incidentally is back at CGC after getting SS with Kirman and Moore. His price was fantastic, he did great work and it was lightning quick coming back to me. Unfortunately he didn't have a booth there.

He was at Superworld Comics booth all weekend. (thumbs u

He was at Superworld Comics booth all weekend. (thumbs u

He was working Greg Reeces booth, not Teds :makepoint: