• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why in the World do I keep buying from ebay???

61 posts in this topic

Remember those scenes from "Heathers" where Veronica is sitting on the patio with her parents and her dad asks questions similar to yours? And Veronica keeps giving him the same answer...

That's why. :grin:

:jokealert:

My latest blunder. FF #1 GRR sold to me as NM. While it is a very nice book, the chunk off the Back Cover kills it for me.

S7300002-13.jpg

S7300004-10.jpg

So let me understand you bought this with just the front cover scanned in the listing?

Or was it a stock photo?

hm

Remember those scenes from "Heathers" where Veronica is sitting on the patio with her parents and her dad asks questions similar to yours? And Veronica keeps giving him the same answer...

That's why. :grin:

:jokealert:

:lol:

What a great movie.

Veronica's Dad: Will someone tell me why I smoke these damn things?

Veronica Sawyer: Because you're an idjiot.

Veronica's Dad: Oh yeah, that's it.

I just watched Pump up the Volume, still holds up.

Man, $299 for that! Makes it about a 4.5 :frustrated: That really sucks! And check out their description...

This is an absolutely beautiful copy. Completely sharp, flat and clean, without a mark on it. It has no writing or stamping of any kind, and the spine is straight, with the staples perfectly positioned and no signs of stress whatsoever.

Did supercollector think someone was going to not notice the missing cover?

:screwy:

Their ad says you can return in 3 days. However, did you just notice the missing cover?

Is there still buyer protection, if it's not off of eBay?

Not as far as I know... :(

Yes. There'd is still paypal buyer protection.

Right, but if it is a larger transaction and I don't know the seller, I would fund the Paypal purchase with a credit card just for extra protection.

Why in the World do I keep buying -high grade raw- from ebay???

Don't. ebay raw is for low-mid grade.

As much as I hate to use the over-used, online vernacular reply of +1

I think that's a fairly appropriate response here.

Unless they put up big scans are you know the seller is a good guy/gal. :hi:

They almost never put up big scans of both covers on Ebay. :pullhair: Not like here on the boards. Its usually a shoot. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Just have to protect yourself by noting their refund policy, and paying by Paypal (with a credit card if necessary)

Unless they put up big scans are you know the seller is a good guy/gal. :hi:

They almost never put up big scans of both covers on Ebay. :pullhair: Not like here on the boards. Its usually a shoot. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Just have to protect yourself by noting their refund policy, and paying by Paypal (with a credit card if necessary)

most stuff over $100 has both sides unless in a slab