• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lee and Turner - what is the big deal?

25 posts in this topic

I agree, that not reading them does not really allow me to criticize with accuracy. I did read some USM's and was amazed at how bad the art/writing was. It just didn't fit my style and the cardstock covers didn't help. I read the first 3 issues of UFF and indeed enjoyed the writing more but this story has already been told. It also doesn't help that I never liked the FF's powers. Altough they are comics, their powers were just too unreal for me. How the hell is a guy supposed to burst into flames and not damage anything? Uh oh, wrong thread........

I was very skeptical at first. But I bought Ultimates and really liked it (though Hitch's work helped with that a lot. The Ultimate Six was a good series. I haven't read USM but did read the first 6 issues of UXM. (Found it at the Library of all places.)

Overall, I'm not crazy about the "reboot" phases, but sales prove me wrong. I didn't find it hard to "jump into" books like JLA & X-Men in the 70's, but times (and attention spans) are probably different.

I wonder, as a percentage, whether "reboots" are a success, say, even 30% of the time? For all the ASM's you get the multitude of Cap reboots. I have liked how DC has pumped life into some 2nd Tier characters like Hawkman and Green Arrow. But those are probably due to the writers more so.

Getting way off topic... Sorry. sign-offtopic.gif

Interesting, no one has mentioned McFarlane, although it is very tough to consider him a regular. I also do not understand the big popularity of the Ultimate line. I can't stand USM and thus, won't even pick up the ither stuff. Oh well, to each his own.

Nah. He just does a bunch of scratchy marks all over everything and people think it makes his rather standard art seem packed with detail.