• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Newbie Playground

52 posts in this topic

I finally have caught up with reading many of the threads here and thought, that since there seems to be a problem with shill accounts, that there should be a special thread where newbies have to come for a week, and make at least 25 posts, and let the board get to know them, before they go off on their little digital jihads and attempt to disrupt other threads, and pick fights with other board members.

Since I am myself a newbie, (and who knows, there's no guarantee that I am not quite possibly an "alternate" account myself), I would be willing to host this thread and do the welcomes. This way, if someone wants to create a new shill account just to get down and dirty, they have to come here first for a week and log in their 25 posts. Think of it as a posting metal detector.

The other alternative to hanging here for a week, would be to post more detailed personal info on their profile page, or at least make an attempt to introduce themselves to the board, as opposed to the anonymous attack-dog accounts that popped up this past week.

Opinions?

Plus, to stay true to my screen name, I would pledge to go easy on all newbies, but see if I can't filter out the jokers. My only agenda would be to bring a quick halt to the "fight club" mentality of some of the shills.

I know this idea is doomed to failure, but I just thought I would attempt to offer some amusement this lovely spring morning.

I like the sentiment and actually was thinking about how it is so obvious when a troll in new clothing comes on, they tend to immediately hit the controversy threads. I mean - how dumb ARE we. "I just arrived here but have been reading a while and am really compelled to make my first post here in the User54628 IS AN EBAY CHEAT topic. "

The new folk would do better just finding the topics that interest them and making some posts to them. I bet that's how most of us began.

You realize you guys are fighting in the newbie playground? 27_laughing.gif

I just figured that had to get used to it eventually. Besides, Comic_Manager started it. tongue.gifstooges.gif

"SKINNY PRIMADONNA" hi.gif

Here is a popular retort for the newbies to learn:

893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

I like the sentiment and actually was thinking about how it is so obvious when a troll in new clothing comes on, they tend to immediately hit the controversy threads. I mean - how dumb ARE we. "I just arrived here but have been reading a while and am really compelled to make my first post here in the User54628 IS AN EBAY CHEAT topic. "

...and then they name themselves after one of the nastiest comic book characters ever, a man personally schooled in evil by Hitler himself.

Can't wait to see how that pans out.

ever since I saw this thread I cant stop singing "Playground in my mind!!" 893frustrated.gif

Well, when I see your name, I want to sing:

"Where oh where oh where is Shadow?

Where oh where oh where is Shadow?

Where can Shadow Be?"

Bear in the Big Blue House--Disney for the kids foreheadslap.gif

Well, when I see your name, I want to sing:

"Where oh where oh where is Shadow?

Where can Shadow Be?"

The Shadow knows.