• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

111 posts in this topic

(apart from Khaos, of course, who's never imbalanced on the WC )

Although you claim he is never imbalanced...you gotta admit...he is unbalanced... insane.gif

Dammit. I meant UNbalanced. foreheadslap.gif

gossip.gif...

he's a little of both...

In terms of the communal aspect of the comic collecting, err, community, having a WC exclusively for us may work - although I've always felt that Comics General should remain the focal point of the CGC Forum. I like having all the major issue or hot threads in one place - not that this always happens, of course.

Another caveat would be that such a Forum, with its' non - specific remit, would attract more rogue elements than usual, and even some dissident coinees and cardees who've become disenchanted with the overwhelming misanthropy that pervades the Water Cooler (apart from Khaos, of course, who's never imbalanced on the WC tongue.gif).

All I wish is we could try it. If, after a month to get things settled in, it proves to be a bad thing, I'm sure it would be easier to remove than it was to create.

And I can hear some potential responses like "Well who not seperate Superman and Captain America and Flash and Batman treads?" Main reason is they all fit nicely under GA. But community OT threads have only the WC to go, and that place is not our community.

Comics General is the first place that I go when I log on to the boards. I think of it as being similar to the first section of the newspaper, a little bit of everything and then I go to the "specialized sections".

I like the fact that there are a variety of topics (even OT topics) posted here. If there were a separate OT section, that would be fine to but I dont mind seeing a bunch of new topics or posts all in this one section. thumbsup2.gif

Actually I never even look at what forum things are posted under. I always laugh when someone complains about threads being posted in the wrong forum.

I always go right to the last 24 hours of posts, that way I can see what topics are being discussed more currently. Which doesn't show the forum names. I just see the thread names. Makes life a lot easier than jumping forums.

Actually I never even look at what forum things are posted under. I always laugh when someone complains about threads being posted in the wrong forum.

I always go right to the last 24 hours of posts, that way I can see what topics are being discussed more currently. Which doesn't show the forum names. I just see the thread names. Makes life a lot easier than jumping forums.

how do you set that up deathlok?

Most everything is fine.

Just have people try and keep the "sex, sports, and politics" to a minimum in the comics area.

flowerred.gifhi.gif

From the main board menu, just scroll down and click on the recent 24 hours at the bottom middle.

Most everything is fine.

Just have people try and keep the "sex, sports, and politics" to a minimum in the comics area.

flowerred.gifhi.gif

but that just leaves comic books to talk about. sorry.gif

Most everything is fine.

flowerred.gifhi.gif

but that just leaves comic books to talk about. sorry.gif

I didn't say you couldn't mention them at all.

confused-smiley-013.gif

From the main board menu, just scroll down and click on the recent 24 hours at the bottom middle.

got it, thanx! thumbsup2.gif

216.92 average posts per day on this board. Too many? At what point should we attempt to sub-divide topics?

Not gonna help without manual moderation. The people with an excess of free time on their hands are still going to post under one forum no matter how many you create. I'd say at least 1/5 of the posts here already have another forum they should have went to, but people post them here anyway because they think more people will see it here since the traffic is heavier.

I rarely read posts in this forum anymore...I can't filter all this stuff out effectively enough to even try. Several other collectors and dealers with day jobs that don't allow them to browse the web rarely post here anymore for the same reason.

216.92 average posts per day on this board. Too many? At what point should we attempt to sub-divide topics?

Not gonna help without manual moderation. The people with an excess of free time on their hands are still going to post under one forum no matter how many you create. I'd say at least 1/5 of the posts here already have another forum they should have went to, but people post them here anyway because they think more people will see it here since the traffic is heavier.

I rarely read posts in this forum anymore...I can't filter all this stuff out effectively enough to even try. Several other collectors and dealers with day jobs that don't allow them to browse the web rarely post here anymore for the same reason.

sign-rantpost.gif

If I were redesigning the spaces,I'd remove all the "CIGAR" threads to a new forum,as well as all the stickys for upcoming shows.While not really cutting down significantly on posts,it would open up a few new spots on page one of the various forums.Perhaps a movie and entertainent forum,which could also contain the various BB threads and such that are popping up. I'm very satisfied with things as they are and would be fine with no tuning-up at all,just as well

But no one would use the DC forum. stooges.gif

How about seperate forums for Marvel,DC and everything else? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

That is a good idea to have a seperate forum for Comic Cons! thumbsup2.gif