• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I really need some help with this unusual Fantastic Four #24

11 posts in this topic

This one is driving me nuts, It appears to be a "tape pull" on the comic code.

The book is complete no tears off white pages.

106ir7d.jpg

24xpa2q.jpg

zn50rn.jpg

savzmh.jpg

2eba0dv.jpg

except for the pull this looks so much like a 6.0+

:pullhair:

is it worth sending in to grade to be sure to capitalize on the value rather then selling raw?

Thanks in advance

WEBHEAD

I have a comparative book (I would never have graded this book...but had it graded as inventory for Nostalgic Attic's grading contest)...I figure here the grade drop is about 2 full grades...this book would've graded a 7.0 I feel without the pull...no worse than a 6.5...

You might argue the pull on this book is larger and more prominent...not sure how much that might weigh comparatively-speaking, but probably a half-grade at most...

based on this comparison...it think that's the range 4.0/4.5...

ECCR3FC.jpg

ECCR3CGC50.jpg

So quick general question - I have two books that got really hammered by CGC, one was a subscription crease, one was a back cover stain with some staple tearing (5.0 and 4.0, respectively - and I don't have grader's notes, both OW). These books are similar in condition to the two shown above.

Does CGC view tape pulls as being comparable to tears and creases? I'm a little new to this, but it seems that comics missing pieces would grade worse than defects that don't result in partial loss of the whole. Is that not the case?

And yes, I know it's a point system to grading, but for the sake of argument - is one book with a major crease, and one book with a tape pull removing part of the cover viewed as equal by CGC?