• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Temp effect

4 posts in this topic

Hi fellas, quick question. I have been storing my books and slabs (10,000+) in an addition off of my office at my house. So far I have kept the room temp controlled at 66 degrees with duel dehumidifiers running 24x7. The room is kept UV free.

Here is my question, I know that increase in temps is bad but what about a decrease? I live up north and winters drop to 0 or below. What if I cut heat to the room down, do cold temps of say 40-50 degrees have a negative effect on books? From what I read it doesnt seem to but I wanted to see what the rest of the community thought.

Thanks folks

Darryl

Hi fellas, quick question. I have been storing my books and slabs (10,000+) in an addition off of my office at my house. So far I have kept the room temp controlled at 66 degrees with duel dehumidifiers running 24x7. The room is kept UV free.

Here is my question, I know that increase in temps is bad but what about a decrease? I live up north and winters drop to 0 or below. What if I cut heat to the room down, do cold temps of say 40-50 degrees have a negative effect on books? From what I read it doesnt seem to but I wanted to see what the rest of the community thought.

Thanks folks

Darryl

Cold is good.

I honestly don't see anything wrong with this temperature setting. Even climate controlled storage fluctuates between 50-80 degrees depending the time of year. I use this kind of storage all the time and never had a problem. Safe deposit boxes are worse according to the research that was done. You should be fine.