• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doing SS with CGC at Shows

7 posts in this topic

Hello all,

So all three of my CGC 9.8 comics kept their grade after I submitted them for SS at NYCC.

My big worry prior to attending the show was that one or more might get bumped down a grade. I was also concerned about having to crack and prep my own comics prior to the show, and whether or not the signatures would be easy to get.

CGC customer service was outstanding. For two of my comics (and three signatures), it was so easy a cave man could do it. All I had to do was bring them the comics still in the slab and tell them who I want, and they took care of the rest. As you probably know, the slightest mishap can easily knock a 9.8 down a grade and they handle boxes and upon boxes of comics at a show. Given that all of my comics kept their grade, it's apparent that they handle their comics with care.

I only had to get one of my own signatures, so that one required me to have an already prepped bag and board. Even then the CGC rep cracked it out and sleeved it for me.

Based on my initial experience, If you're going to a show and you want gold label signatures CGC makes it very easy and they handle your comics with care. CGC SS Signatures are popular and sought after, but for me making my own is far more rewarding than just buying them off the internet. For one of my comics I got to see the transformation from raw, to CGC SS double signature.

If you've never acquired your own signatures before, I highly recommend attending a show and doing it! (thumbs u

:applause: Congrats!

CGC does an amazing job. I have not been able to attend a convention where they CGC guys were but I have had some friends and artists stop by the booth and they are always received very well and relate how nice everyone is! Great story can not wait to make it out next year and grown my SS collection.

I too had a very smooth and enjoyable experience working with CGC at the WW Austin show this past weekend. I love working with them, and got some pointers for cracking slabs after watching them do several for people to get SS.

The staff at CGC really do a remarkable job at conventions when you consider the volume of books they have to handle. Joe, Gemma, Bree, Eric, Nicole, and anyone else I might be forgetting to mention, thanks for the wonderful job this year. Especially at the big shows like Comic-Con and the NYCC. Fellow SS collectors, be sure to send them a Christmas card this year!

:eek: Someone with some sense at CGC saved my a*s.

I just noticed this morning that on my receipt for my Walking Dead one the signatures say, Robert Kirkman/ Alan Moore!

The lady at CGC wrote down the wrong name. In the end it would be on me since I didn't check it carefully enough and I signed it. I was certain the witnesses would have to go by what was written down and signed for.

So I called just now to get the bad news, and the rep on the phone confined TONY Moore. So whoever made the call to get the right name instead of the one on the ticket, thank you! (worship)