• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's good in New 52?

42 posts in this topic

I kept out of the way of this event since it seemed like the gimmick of all gimmicks. But now that a couple months have passed I'm wondering what good has come out of it. So far I've read all of Animal Man, Suicide Squad and Red Hood, and they're all big messes. I read the first issue of Wonder Woman. Animal Man is ok, and I guess I'm on board for the end of the arc, although it seems pretty obvious what's happening. It has an early Gaiman Sandman kind of feel to it, so that's ok. But has any series demonstrated real merit, and is a really solid book underneath the relaunch afterglow?

i couldn't get halfway through the first daredevil.

52 pull list after issue 3

Green Lantern

Animal Man

Swamp Thing

JL

Aquaman

Batgirl

Resurrection Man

Legion

Legion Lost

Red Lanterns

Action

All Star Western

Batwoman

Catwoman

Red Hood

Superman

Teen titans

Wonder Woman

The beauty of Animal Man isn't "what's going on" it's the family dynamic that is so intriguing.

I've got a huge pull list and I'm keeping it until at least the first arc is done and then I will make my final decision.

For me the surprises have been: Superboy, Supergirl, Blue Beetle, Justice League Dark, Wonder Woman and maybe my favorite of the new 52(Besides Batwoman)Frankenstein Agent of Shade.

There are other titles that I love as much, but I had expected them to be good. Those are: Batman, Green Lantern, Swamp Thing, Animal Man, and Batwoman.

I have many other on my pull list that will keep me buying, but I'm afraid could lose me over time, those are: Batwing, Nightwing, Legion Lost, Voodoo, Batgirl, Red Hood(the art might keep me by itself), Blackhawks, Action Comics, Batman and Robin, Men of War and Detective Comics.

Other titles I bought because I thought I might like them but I have yet to read them and have

kind of list interest before even trying: Those are: Grifter, OMAC and Superman(not a George Perez fan)

Ok, gonna pickup the first 3 issues of Frankenstein on your recommendation dicjones.

Anyone read the Supernatural miniseries DC has out right now? Still looking for fellow board members reviews if anyone actually picked them up.

:whee:

B A T W O M A N

B A T W O M A N

B A T W O M A N

B A T W O M A N

B A T W O M A N

B A T W O M A N

B A T W O M A N

Might have the best artwork of any monthly superhero book I have ever seen, in my 30 years of collecting.

Amen brother!!!

B A T W O M A N

B A T W O M A N

B A T W O M A N

B A T W O M A N

B A T W O M A N

B A T W O M A N

B A T W O M A N

Might have the best artwork of any monthly superhero book I have ever seen, in my 30 years of collecting.

OK, you may have just talked me into it. lol Matt, do you remember if Midtown still has #1-3 at cover price?