• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Graphic State of Mind (AGSM)

9 posts in this topic

OK, let's see if I can get an answer without someone trashing my thread!

Has anyone bought from Robert Dennis from AGSM (see title) and can relate experiences from a customer service and grading perspective? The books he has look strictly graded, but his prices are at or above Overstreet for his grade.

Thanks in advance (not you MajorKhaos or BachelorofComix 893naughty-thumb.gif)

I owe you a better answer.

I won 3 auctions from him in Jan 2003; I never bought from him again.

Amazing SPIDER-MAN #103 $14

FANTASTIC FOUR #122 $4

THOR #201 $4

He combined on shipping ($4.50 for media mail) and was very good on the customer service end and answered my questions about his long description and his take on CGC, grading, etc. So as a seller, he is pretty good.

The grading however was not up to snuff for me. but it would have been more of a hassle to return them. He left me 1 feedback for 3 items won.

Technically he doesn't need CGC. Same goes for most of the comic dealers out there who were peddling VF copies as "NM". none of them need CGC. CGC would only lower the value of their inventory. Most small convention/show dealers feel the same way...

Technically he doesn't need CGC. Same goes for most of the comic dealers out there who were peddling VF copies as "NM". none of them need CGC. CGC would only lower the value of their inventory. Most small convention/show dealers feel the same way...

thumbsup2.gif Well, I've got a ton of books that proves this as correct. Thanks for the headsup...veering away from this one...