• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alan Moore CGC 9.8 SS for sale!

28 posts in this topic

Ok,

I'm going to offer this here for the weekend at what I feel is a great price. I will consider breaking this into 2 payments. $750 shipped worldwide. :takeit: here takes priority over PM's.

League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen v2 #6 signed by Kevin Oneil and Alan Moore CGC SS 9.8

1321623316.jpg

1321623297.jpg

It's a nice book, and Alan Moore's signature is cool and impossible to get. However, this comic without the signature is worth about $2, so it might be hard to find someone that wants to pay an additional $748 for his signature.

I think the "cool and impossible to get" part of it (and you are forgetting that it's double signed) is the same descriptor that describes why a $2 piece of bristol board is $10,000 because Frank Miller drew on it, or a $2 piece of bristol board is $11,000 because Moore wrote a story that Totleben drew about Swamp Thing.

It describes all collectibles, and I've seen Alex Ross prints sell for $500 because they were signed and limited to 250 copies. That makes a Moore, O'Neill double signed book a better deal every day of the week.

If I had enough cash right now I would jump at this.

I'm not saying it's not a cool or rare book. I'm just saying it's a run of the mill book that isn't that collectible by itself.

If it was a Swamp Thing or Watchmen issue instead of a random LOEG issue, there would probably have been an instant sale on the book.

oh, and I will soon have a Miracleman #15 in a 9.6 SS signed by Totleben and Moore that I will be asking a more for, making this book seem a steal...

BK can I show off the book from yesterday???

You can show me, you lazy beetch!!! :thumbsup:

BTW...I spoke to Joe Pierson briefly yesterday about the Totleben books that came into CGC....and we're all in agreement that thoses sketches (and we're talking sketches still that none of us have seen yet) are the ducks nuts.

I mixed it up a bit myself...

But BK is right...the Alan Moore book offered here is probably the cheapest you're likely to find an Alan Moore s/s.

When the MM #15 comes in, even I might have to make a play for it.

The most comparable book I can think of is the V for Vendetta #9 SS CGC 9.8 signed by Alan Moore and David Lloyd that sold on eBay for $654.99. So $750 seems to be in the ballpark. If you wanted an Alan Moore for less, you should have bid on the V for Vendetta.

I couldn't agree more. This is going to be the most affordable Alan Moore SS book for a while. In fact, it might be one of the few Moore SS books ever offered for sale.

So what about blank sketch covers? They are common $4 books, but when someone signs and sketches on them, they become worth hundreds. Your argument doesn't hold any water at all...

There's no comparison between a one of a kind sketch that requires vision and time and talent by the artist, and a 2 second signature.

You seem to think I'm poo-pooing your book, and I'm not. You posted "Gee, don't everyone jump at once" after no one jumped at your $750 price, and I posted why I thought no one was interested.

So what about blank sketch covers? They are common $4 books, but when someone signs and sketches on them, they become worth hundreds. Your argument doesn't hold any water at all...

There's no comparison between a one of a kind sketch that requires vision and time and talent by the artist, and a 2 second signature.

You seem to think I'm poo-pooing your book, and I'm not. You posted "Gee, don't everyone jump at once" after no one jumped at your $750 price, and I posted why I thought no one was interested.

But your argument was about the value of the book not what was added to it.