• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone ever used Dwolla, a PayPal replacement?

8 posts in this topic

I'm wondering if anyone has ever used Dwolla. It appears to be a payment transfer system similiar to paypal, but with minimal fees (25 cents per transaction).

https://www.dwolla.com/default.aspx

I'm a little sick of the constant hand in my pocket for transactions that should be very cheap to provide. It would be nice to see something like this gain enough traction to provide a little real competition.

i see someone else saw that article in the SF paper the other day. was wondering the same thing myself.

i'd be surprised if Paypal does anything; they're at the mercy of the CC companies, who are to PP what it is to Dwolla

I would be all about that if it's legit. I wonder what the Ebay/Paypal juggernaut will do to stomp them to the curb. Perhaps a buyout?

I think it will be more - the Ebay / PayPal machine will crush them before they become a threat - show any competition - which will be a HUGE shame.

:wishluck:

I would be all about that if it's legit. I wonder what the Ebay/Paypal juggernaut will do to stomp them to the curb. Perhaps a buyout?

I think it will be more - the Ebay / PayPal machine will crush them before they become a threat - show any competition - which will be a HUGE shame.

:wishluck:

Here's another factor... I doubt anyone can afford to provide buyer protection at $0.25 per transaction. If that's the case I would still want to supplement my my account with Paypal.