• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why do legit E-Bay sellers use multiple selling accounts?

53 posts in this topic

I won this just before Christmas:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=744654265

The seller's name is "classic-cool," but when I got the item the return address was Neat Stuff Collectibles, and there was a Neat Stuff label on the back of the CGC case. Why would a high-volume, well-known seller like Neat Stuff use another account? I'm used to the multiple-account sellers being crooks; what are some of the legitimate reasons sellers go with multiple selling accounts?

(#1) High volume sellers tend to do this...I would think that they have this "back up" just in case their main account becomes NARU'd.

There was a seller on ebay "sealhid" (2000 feedback? Not sure) who was NARU'd and was selling with a secondary account that had 900 feedbacks. I didn't like the guy, so I reported the secondary account which got NARU'd 48 hrs later. This guy took a huge hit since he lost two high feedback accounts, but he sure is relentless. He made a new account "stuffs_for_sale" and I got that NARU'd not too long ago! HAHAHA.

(#2) Another reason is to have "flipping accounts." I know a few board members do this, but I won't say who. For example, they buy a book with account "B" (usually private feedback) and flip it months later with their main account when the book is "hot."

(#3) Some sellers with a a load of could also seperate their inventory in each account. Account "A" = modern, account "B" = Bronze, etc. Someone who would benefit from this is kochcom's avalanche of junk. tongue.gif

Make no mistake about it, Neat Stuff is notorious for not delivering on auctionwins, but they are excellent at taking the money. One of my two negatives is courteousy of a retaliatory negative by this bad-news seller (114 negatives and 177 neutrals all recieved for non-delivery of merchandise, and in every case, NeatStuff retaliated with a negative for getting a well deserved one). I have a case through SquareTrade, and Ebay Fraud services, as well as the US Postal authorities investigations Bureau currently for an FF1 that I won in Oct. that was NEVER delivered or sent out. NeatStuff ascertains that he did send it, but has NEVER provided anyone with an insured number, even though he states he insured it. Recently, under pressure from Square Trade, he sent me a Post Office document for me to fill out as a shippee of an item that was NEVER received. Guess what he omitted to fill out on the form.....the shipping insurance receipt number! That'll be a big help. His attitude is, that since I have a "bad reputation", I can go and F myself. My attitude is that I don't care if it costs me $162,100 to do it (100 times more than I paid for a book that he chose to sell elsewhere (another thing he's famous for)..I'll buy him $1,000,000 worth of misery no matter what it costs me, out of pocket. Then again, thankfully, he's only in New Jersey, and I don't mind driving.

Phil knew and Rick knew. Without my telling them. Even my arch-enemy, FF/Wahoo Fury, had NO idea. No one else even suspected until I felt that I didn't care any longer who knew. Remember THAT when they hand out the yearly "Kojak" awards, before pats on the back for investigative abilities, are doled out.

I was thinking about what my 3000th post should be about....hmmmm...confused.gif

[!@#%^&^] coin collectors, braddick, gmarguli, and all of those mother[#%$#]ing snotty [!@#%^&^] suckers! Ohhh, and GI JOE is still #1! tongue.gif