• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars #1 35 cent variant - Difference in value?

19 posts in this topic

Then there are 3 different ones. I have a 35 cent variant without the UPC and a 30 center with "REPRINT" running down the left side near the top of the book. There are only 2 different ones mentioned in the guide as far as I can tell.

The 35 cent variant looks EXACTLY THE SAME as the 30 cent issue, except for the "5" in the price. All other 35 cent Star Wars 1s are reprints.

Then there are 3 different ones. I have a 35 cent variant without the UPC and a 30 center with "REPRINT" running down the left side near the top of the book. There are only 2 different ones mentioned in the guide as far as I can tell.

There are actually many different versions of the Star Wars 1-4 comics, but let's stick to #1:

1) 35-cent Reprint. Diamond price logo, no UPC - Worthless

2) 30-cent Reprint. Look sthe same as standard issue, except "Reprint" down to the top-left edge. - Slighty better than Worthless

3) Standard 30-cent First Print - $$$ in Ultra High Grade CGC 9.6 and up

4) Rare 35-cent Variant. Looks the same as standard issue (has UPC, square price logo), except it has 35-cent price. Cha-Ching!!

There are four different versions- in effect, there are actually a billion different reprints

Two first prints:

-30 cent with upc. The "regular version". Worth a little bit in high grade.

-35 cent variant with upc. Worth a lot in even low grade. Worth thousands in high grade.

"Two" versions without upc.

-Both 30 and 35 cent copies with a blank UPC box are NOT variants. They are basically worthless reprints.

Gotcha. Overstreet needs to address the other versions to avoid confusion, IMHO.

It does, it's just not that clear. At the bottom, below #107 it describes

"1-9: Reprints; has 'reprint' in upper left hand corner of cover or on inside or price and number inside a diamond with no date or UPC on cover. 30c and 35c issues published."

-Both 30 and 35 cent copies with a blank UPC box are NOT variants. They are basically worthless reprints.

Is there a 30-cent Diamond Reprint of Star Wars #1? I've seen 2-4, but I don't think I have a scan of 1.

P.S. Those 30-cent Diamond copies are much rarer than the other reprints, and many times sell for more on EBay.