• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The "If you don't like it, then don't look" GI Joe SS thread!

85 posts in this topic

I've actually has several e-mail exchanges with Mr. Hama and have been able to purchase some of his original artwork he does for the IDW retail incentive covers. These are concept sketches he created to give the cover artist but IDW decided to make these the incentive covers...

Concept art by Hama that I own

EPSON135.jpg

Incentive cover

EPSON136.jpg

Regular cover by Augustin Padilla

EPSON137.jpg

:applause: I'm really glad to see you created this thread! You deserve to show these awesome comics off like this. Congrats! (thumbs u

Yeah, you probably have the best Joe collection on the boards. Good to see you show them off! Very cool, SilentMaster! (worship)

:applause: I'm really glad to see you created this thread! You deserve to show these awesome comics off like this. Congrats! (thumbs u

Yeah, you probably have the best Joe collection on the boards. Good to see you show them off! Very cool, SilentMaster! (worship)

+ Bazillion!

It isn't bragging when we all want to see it! (thumbs u lol

I think I like the Hama Rock & Roll sketch better than the finished cover too. (thumbs u

My addition to thread if its allowed

87156.jpg

Chespirito and i had a battle of the Joe covers! He thought #21 was the best, i thought #46 was the best. We then asked SilentMaster to settle it......... and he did.... :taptaptap:

SAM_3100.jpg

I believe these incentives only exist signed hm .

I believe you are correct - I contact IDW about getting one of these "unsigned" so I could get it CGC SS and they told me none existed that were not signed by Mr. Hama... but you never know what may show up!