• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

closed to remove sold books

30 posts in this topic

Strange Tales 107 cgc 7.0 - gpa on last 7.0 was $425, but this one looks like a 9.0 but for interior stain, price $475 gpa on last 9.0 was $1716

st107fr.jpg

st107mid.jpg

st107bk.jpg

hm

To the best of your knowledge, has this book been pressed ?

Yes, they are all pressed except the Iron Man 2 which was a natural 9.4, the TTA 64 and the Planet 44. This ST 107 didnt really need it, as I now realize most of these books pressing didn't help them anyway. edit the TTA 66 and 67 were not pressed either

is pressing considered to be some kind of negative? Just from looking at them pre and post press, most books the pressing didnt matter. Some that had a tiny spine rolls it seems the books were improved to me, but this was only like 1 out of 10 books. Most books came back the same looking, a few proscreened at 9.0 and came back 9.4 etc. In fact, many of the books were just natural 9.4's. I would suppose if you pulled a 9.6 book out to read and it was flattened that would be a negative, but who reads a 9.6 book anyway :)

You are touching on what is a large area of concern for a number of boardies. There is a significant split amongst those who are OK with pressing and those who prefer their books to remain unaltered from their original condition. Personally, I could care less if a book is pressed or not if the price is right, but a number of folks will not buy pressed books.

If you sell on the boards, it is generally expected that you will disclose (or someone will likely ask). The plus of pressing is that you perhaps get a higher grade and thus a better price for your book. The con being the loss of a chunk of the customer base here. Anyway, best of luck and search for some of the old pressing debates...definately makes for some interesting reading :devil:

:foryou:

Ah - I think most people just want to know if it's pressed or not so they can find out if they can press it themselves and get a possible upgrade to flip it.

Personally, I could care less if a book is pressed and sometimes I actually prefer it - knowing that I wont ever have to do it myself and it's the "BEST" it can be.

Oh, how this hobby's changed in the past 5 years... But lets not turn this into a pressing thread... (Guilty as I may be)

More books my man.. More books...