• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I love Jungle Action 23 so much

12 posts in this topic

Well, we went to my mothers for Thanksgiving. Had a good meal (too much food). After dinner I went out with my brother to check out how the town had changed. While walking through the garage I got a glimpse of a drawing I did on the wall in the garage. When I was young, I loved to draw comics and I was in the process of filling the walls of the back garage with drawings. I snapped a quick pic of one with my phone. Unfortunately, the garage is a bit cluttered and the lighting not too good, but here it is. I drew this over 35 years ago and took a little liberty with the actual pose.

black_panther2.jpg

And here is the original that decides in my collection. I actually still have the original I bought off the news stand as a very young kid. I got this from Dan Forman who was great to work with.

jungle_action_23.jpg

Black Panther's head looks a little small in your version. :baiting:

That is very cool stuff, and you are so lucky to have tracked down the original art from such an important comic to you personally. It's what this hobby is all about! :cool: (thumbs u

It obviously went to a good home! DF

thanks Dan! I still get excited everytime I look at it. We are now in a place where I can frame some stuff and this one is definitely going up. Also, my 9 year old loves it too so I hope it is something I can pass on to him.