• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pretty cool obscure cover collection

90 posts in this topic

I was browsing some shops today while on vacation and stumbled upon a collection of original cover art from old pulp comics and magazines in a off the beaten path shop. I was looking for comics and struck up a conversation with the owner and he pointed me to the labyrinth of his shop with an original painting on almost every surface. We are staying another day and I will visit him again and ask if I can take some photos. He was warm and receiving and open to maybe letting me pick up a piece.

Hopefully I will have some photos to share tomorrow.

Hi all... upon second thought this guys collection seems to be something extraordinary as far as pulp / novel / fantasy art goes. I saw so much hidden today including a giant Boris Vallejo that I missed the first time through. I will start off with a few photos but the net at this cabin is terrible so I will do more tonight after dinner.

The owner of the art took a moment before consenting to allow me to photograph the collection and I am extremely grateful that he allowed me to. There is a few of these I really want to own.

Sorry but I was unable to list all artists and the books that the covers were done on, that would have take a whole day and this place is so packed that I felt I was disturbing his normal business and did not want to make him or his customers uncomfortable. So I quietly walked around and snapped photos where I could without getting anyone in the shots.

First up.

100_1518.jpg

I am really enjoying these. Thanks so much for posting. Nothing like looking at those old pros.

The first posting is simply brilliant! Such an amazing layout. Hope you have lots of cash or credit. Good luck and keep us posted.

So I have over 150 photos of about 150 or more covers... the place I am staying has painfully slow internet I will upload and post the rest of these tomorrow so everyone can see them. Mind blowing, really glad I went into this place.