• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Invaders #8

14 posts in this topic

yes it is an error, but if they are all the same, then it is probably not worth the print in the guide.

I believe there are other issues like this also, but cannot remember which ones offhand. Donut or metarog would remember which issue(s).

Pffft. What am I, chopped onions...?

All copies of Ka-Zar #16 and Inhumans #5 are 30 cents, when they should be 25 cents (regular) and 30 cents (test.)

Ok, not *quite* the same thing. ;)

yes it is an error, but if they are all the same, then it is probably not worth the print in the guide.

I believe there are other issues like this also, but cannot remember which ones offhand. Donut or metarog would remember which issue(s).

All copies of Ka-Zar #16 and Inhumans #5 are 30 cents, when they should be 25 cents (regular) and 30 cents (test.)

not what I was thinking - I seem to remember a FF 35 center with this indicia issue, and there is that Marvels Greatest big diamond version...

and, my apologies - I should have mentioned that Cosmic-Spider-Man would probably remember too :baiting:

Chopped Onions - are you ignoring my PM? :roflmao:

not what I was thinking - I seem to remember a FF 35 center with this indicia issue, and there is that Marvels Greatest big diamond version...

and, my apologies - I should have mentioned that Cosmic-Spider-Man would probably remember too :baiting:

:acclaim:

Chopped Onions - are you ignoring my PM? :roflmao:

Which PM? From last year...?

The are a couple of indicia price errors mixed in throughout Marvel books in this period, and in no way do they make sense. I believe Invaders 8 is one of the issues I've found w/ both .25 and .30 in the indicia, even though this is always a .30 cent book.

Iron Man 89, which is obviously found as a variant, is definitely a book that appears w/ both prices in the indicia, regardless of whether it's a variant or regular issue.

I can not, for the life of me, figure out why it would be worth fixing the incorrect price in the indicia unless Sparta was getting ready for next month's books (I believe Iron Man was consistently released the last week of the monthly cycle) and had a lull in the printing of the books, giving them the opportunity to make the change on at least one press.

I think this unfortunately falls in the realm of "Who knows?" and there isn't necessarily any rhyme or reason to it.

The are a couple of indicia price errors mixed in throughout Marvel books in this period, and in no way do they make sense. I believe Invaders 8 is one of the issues I've found w/ both .25 and .30 in the indicia, even though this is always a .30 cent book.

Iron Man 89, which is obviously found as a variant, is definitely a book that appears w/ both prices in the indicia, regardless of whether it's a variant or regular issue.

I can not, for the life of me, figure out why it would be worth fixing the incorrect price in the indicia unless Sparta was getting ready for next month's books (I believe Iron Man was consistently released the last week of the monthly cycle) and had a lull in the printing of the books, giving them the opportunity to make the change on at least one press.

I think this unfortunately falls in the realm of "Who knows?" and there isn't necessarily any rhyme or reason to it.

It was downstate Illinois in the early summer of 1976. "Stoned printers" is probably the answer to most screwups from Marvel in that time period.