• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'68 From Image Comics Zombie Outbreak / Vietnam War

8 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone else is into the Image Comics book '68? Originally it was a one shot that came out a few years ago and then this year had a 4 part mini-series and just had a second one shot. Kidwell and company are working on another 4 part mini which is scheduled to have the first issue out I believe in January.

This book takes place in 1968 during the Vietnam War with a zombie outbreak starting all over the world. Really cool book by Mark Kidwell, Nat Jones, Jay Fotos and Jeff Zarnow.

Just got this sketch back from Mark Kidwell.

photo18je.jpg

Also have a piece of original art from the new one shot '68 Hardship on the way from Jeff Zarnow and if anyone is interested they have the art on sale over at Cadence Comic Art with free shipping on purchases over $100 this weekend.

Here is the piece I picked up.

13984.jpg

I enjoy Mark Kidwell's work a bunch so that is part of what turned me onto this series. That and zombies being the genre I seem to enjoy the most. If anyone else likes Kidwell he has also put out a comic book called Bump and just put out an actual novel based on that series which was a pretty entertaining read. Was probably a 100 times more entertaining than Walking Dead : Rise of the Governor was to read.

The first one shot seems to be getting really hard to find (when originally released had two different covers to choose from) but they did just rerelease it in the past couple months if anyone is wanting to get in on it.

I actually had a fun conversation with Kidwell a couple months back about the 3rd zombie book Image is currently putting out called Graveyard of Empires which is a zombie book based in Afghanistan during current times. We thought it was funny that it seemed to be pretty similar to '68 in concept other than taking place during a different American war.

I've always got time for over the top Zombie action.

Walking Dead & Last Zombie I like for the "serious" storytelling, stuff like NOTD, Death Valley, '68 etc I like for the gore & sillyness :)