• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you do, Part the Second...

1,096 posts in this topic

Ok, so here's one where I actually haven't decided what I'm going to do.

National comics dealer, who shall remain nameless for now, has a certain rare, but relatively valueless, later printing of a popular early 90's comic listed on eBay as BIN.

Not a large amount of money, that is. Not high grade, not valuable, just rare.

So, I hit the BIN. Since dealer has "one charge, whether you get 1 or 100", I look for more, find 40 or so other books, and buy them, too.

Fast forward to receipt.

The rare book isn't in the lot. The first printing of the book, which is worth next to nothing, is. I didn't want the first printing, and wanted the later one. The later printing book is a tough, tough book to find. VERY tough.

I notify dealer. Dealer promptly refunds the purchase price. There were a couple of other errors, too, but since I already owned copies, I was ok with the refund.

But...I didn't want the refund, I wanted the book. It's a tough, tough book to find, even if it's not worth anything.

So, I write. The response I get is canned "we only issue refunds", yadda blah, etc.

So, on a hunch, I go to said dealer's website.

Book is available (of course.)

So, I buy the book through the website...and, instead of giving me "free" shipping (since, after all, I'd already PAID the shipping), I'm charged another S&H fee.

Lo and behold, the correct book finally arrives, me having paid S&H for it twice.

So, I write back. I'm told that "sorry, but our current policy is to refund for mistakes, not to ship out the ACTUAL CORRECT ITEMS (emphasis mine.)"

If I..as an eBay seller...sent out an incorrect item, would I just be able to refund and say "oops, sorry. We know we made the mistake, and couldn't be bothered to get your order correct, but we're just going to send you back your money, even though WE STILL HAVE THE CORRECT ITEM IN OUR POSSESSION"...?

Ha. And a big fat neg would be on my feedback.

Of course I couldn't. And, likely, most of you cannot, either. In fact, I suspect that most of you, like me, would say "oh, sorry about that, please let me send out the correct item right away."

Because that's the way to do things.

So....what would you do? Leave negative feedback? Demand a refund on the second S&H charge? Forget the whole thing?

Inquiring minds and whatnot...

doh!

What are we talking about here, $10? Max?

Not worth either the time or the aggravation. Yes, the dealer screwed you. Chalk it up to poor customer service and move on to somebody who won't do that. Life is too short to worry about - essentially - triviata.

doh!

Not worth either the time or the aggravation. Yes, the dealer screwed you. Chalk it up to poor customer service and move on to somebody who won't do that. Life is too short to worry about - essentially - triviata.

Yes, but would you leave feedback, and if so, what kind?

It's funny I read this right after strolling down memory lane in the Showcase NE thread. Ironic.

I'd probably forget the whole thing and never buy from the guy again. Who is it, btw?

That's funny as I was doing the same thing. :blush:

Are you also supposed to be working just like me???

doh!

An no one did that better that Pavarotti did.

It's funny I read this right after strolling down memory lane in the Showcase NE thread. Ironic.

I'd probably forget the whole thing and never buy from the guy again. Who is it, btw?

:shy:

All will be revealed...in due time....

:grin:

For those who must know - Hulk 377 3rd print, Mile High.

:whee:

maybe

If it is that book, then the "relatively valueless" appellation is *ahem* wrong.

No, and no.

Excellent guess, though.

doh!

Negative or nothing at all.

Nothing at all fits into the "move on" category.

Negative fits into the Board mythos that "every slight should be exposed to its fullest to protect the innocent" category.

It depends on what kind of mood you are in today. :whee:

I am full on in a snarky, don't want to do anything, slightly iritable mood today. meh

My mood may change, as I am wont to do, so don't quote me.

:banana:

doh!

Neutral.

"Sent me the wrong book, got a refund, then they found the book, they sent it but billed me for shipping again"

:shy:

:whee:

Shhhh.