• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

removing slight professional color touch?

3 posts in this topic

I recently got back an ASM #10 from CGC. It graded an 8.5 but labeled as restored because of slight professional CT on the cover. I called and ask about it and was told that since it was professionally done and slight (just some red on spidy) that it would be possible to have it removed by a professional and resubitted and get a blue label. Does anyone have experience with this? Could the CT really be removed in a way that would make it possible to get a universal grade? Even if the process brings it down a bit, it would still be more valuable then it is now with that purple label.

Any suggestions would be welcome. I don't want to risk sending to someone who I have no experience or feedback from and getting it back at a lesser grade still in a purple label.

Thanks

Pro.CT can be removed ang get a blue label grade. Professional CT involves using much better and different materials. Usually amateur CT involves marker, pen ink, etc. whixh is not easily removed. It will bleed through the paper and cause other damage. Professional CT wont bleed through at all. Ask around here. I'm sure you will get some excellent information.

Classics Incorporated would be a top pick for this type of work. They advertise here as well. Just check out the banner ad above this post.

The grade of the book may go down a bit. It will depend on how much CT was done, placement of the CT, etc. But like I said before. It will be in a blue label slab.

That's good to hear. I'll contact them. It was actually a book they pressed. Hopefully the pressing doesn't make it more difficult to remove. Obviously it was very slight and well done since it was not caught until it hit CGC.

Oh, and I really am going to miss that car. The transmission just died and a new one costs more than the car is worth. My wife was nice enough to point out that we really couldn't afford to buy a new car since I had spent so much money on comics. I told her that at least comic books didn't need to be sent to the shop for repair, but in this case it looks like I was wrong.