• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Best Comedy?

127 posts in this topic

Pink Panther flicks with Peter Sellers..

"Kato...Kato...where are you Kato?..."

CRC

The scene where he is trying to get into the castle is hilarious!! 27_laughing.gif

One of my favorites is "Drop Dead Gorgeous" with Kirsten Dunst, Ellen Barkin, and Kirstie Alley. Absolutely hysterical.

"Waiting for Guffman" is another favorite.

There are so many.

"Young Frankenstein", "Blazing Saddles", "What's up, Doc?", "Love and Death", "Bringing Up Baby", "The Owl and the Pussycat", "Animal Crackers", "Duck Soup", "MP & the Holy Grail", "Airplane", "Top Secret", and lots more.

CADDYSHACK!!! thumbsup2.gif

Cant beat Murray, Chase, and Dangerfield in the same movie! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'm a fan of the teen/college comedy genre, where two movies stand out above the rest - Animal House and the not-yet-mentioned classic FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH. Sean Penn's best role ever. "I'm so wasted!" "All I need are some tasty waves, cool buds, and I'm fine." Also features a veritable "who's who" of future stars and starlets...Forest Whittaker, Eric Stoltz, Anthony Edwards, Nicholas Cage, Judge Reinhold, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Phoebe Cates...not to mention Ray Walston as Mr. Hand and cameos by Heart guitarist Nancy Wilson, Bruce Springsteen's sister Pamela, and Lana Clarkson (the B-movie starlet found shot at Phil Spector's home last year).

I've also always loved the first Revenge of the Nerds movie and I have to say that the no-holds-barred American Pie 2 was the best film of its genre since the mid-1980s...just about every "teen comedy" before AP2 since the 1980s (including the first American Pie film) was just watered-down schlock.

"Revenge of the Nerds"

Love that movie! thumbsup2.gif

"What the is a frush!?" 27_laughing.gif

FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH. Sean Penn's best role ever. "I'm so wasted!" "All I need are some tasty waves, cool buds, and I'm fine."

27_laughing.gif ...I can actually hear him saying that... 27_laughing.gif

classic FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH. Sean Penn's best role ever. "I'm so wasted!" "All I need are some tasty waves, cool buds, and I'm fine."

I think it's "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine".

classic FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH. Sean Penn's best role ever. "I'm so wasted!" "All I need are some tasty waves, cool buds, and I'm fine."

I think it's "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine".

Yeah, you may be right - I have difficulty understanding the "stoner" language!

Faves- The Ruling Class ,Bizarre film with Peter O'Toole!!!!

Abbot & Costello meet Frankenstein

King of the Zombies-Mantan Moreland!!!! cloud9.gif

Female Trouble!!!!- John Waters!!! Love all of John Waters early stuff!!! insane.gif

Faster,Pussycat,Kill,Kill!!!!-Russ Myer!!!

The Meaning of Life-Monty Python!!!

Spinal Tap!!!!! I could go on,these films are campy bad, etc. but I dig'em!!!!!