• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Best Comedy?

127 posts in this topic

I will add them to the Netflix queue right now.

WHAT a suck-up!!!!! I mean - ::in my best Steven Stucker imitation:: JEEEEZZZZEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whatever. You're just sad that your arcane knowledge of cinema has come up as short as so many OTHER arcane parts of you. flamed.gif

WHAT a suck-up!!!!! I mean - ::in my best Steven Stucker imitation:: JEEEEZZZZEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suck up? Don't make me play the post-CGC-forum-dinner video for the rest of the guys, old man!!!! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Suck up? Don't make me play the post-CGC-forum-dinner video for the rest of the guys, old man!!!! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Post it! Post it! We ALL want to see you doing that &%&%&*(^%&*(%*(& grin.gif

ooo.gifshocked.gifblush.gif

Whatever. You're just sad that your arcane knowledge of cinema has come up as short as so many OTHER arcane parts of you. flamed.gif

No -I said I had not seen some of you pubescent comcedy selections from amidsts hundreds I HAD seen - ok - I didn't actually SAY that but am saying it now!

(you been talking to Greggy Tool again?) 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Have you seen "Mediterraneo"??

I haven;t but just looked it up. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Sounds pretty danged good! I shall seek it out and danke! thumbsup2.gif

It is EXCELLENT! I'm eagerly awaiting the day when (if?!?) it makes it to DVD as it is a beautiful, hilarious movie!

Have you seen "Mediterraneo"??

I haven;t but just looked it up. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Sounds pretty danged good! I shall seek it out and danke! thumbsup2.gif

It is EXCELLENT! I'm eagerly awaiting the day when (if?!?) it makes it to DVD as it is a beautiful, hilarious movie!

Hope so - looked it up - is still available on laserdisc but only in Pan & Scan frown.gif

OK - GHOSTBUSTERS, TIME BANDITS, REAL GENIUS are quite good.

And to be fair -I confess having not seen the rest of them so my [!@#%^&^] is only valid for the number have seen. frown.gifsorry.gif

Let me help you:

Ghostbusters (conspicuously absent thus far) EXCELLENT

Better Off Dead TOP THREE FAVORITE OF ALL TIME

Time Bandits VERY GOOD

Real Genius TOP THREE FAVORITE OF ALL TIME

Short Circuit "I AM SPORTING A TREMENDOUS WOODY!" VERY FUNNY

Kung Pow HAVEN'T SEEN IT

Cannonball Run I & II DUN DUN DUUUUUUUNNNNNNN -- I ALWAYS WANTED TO BE.... CAPTAIN U.S.A.!!!

One Crazy Summer GREAT

Top Secret "THEY'D HAVE ENOUGH SALT TO LAST FOREVER!" GREAT

Three Amigos GUAPO -- IF YOU WANT FOOD, YOU TAKE THE FOOD. IF YOU WANT CATTLE, YOU TAKE THE CATTLE. IF YOU WANT A WOMAN . . . YOU JUST TAKE THE WOMAN!" AWESOME

Ice Pirates NEVER SAW IT

Rockula NEVER SAW IT

The Emperor's New Groove NEVER SAW IT

Favorite lines from:

Better Off Dead: "I want my two dollars!" (Although I really like the scene with Cusak working in the diner to Van Halen - cheesy claymation that works)

Real Genius: "I want to see more of you in the lab." "Fine, I'll gain weight."

OK - GHOSTBUSTERS, TIME BANDITS, REAL GENIUS are quite good.

And to be fair -I confess having not seen the rest of them so my [!@#%^&^] is only valid for the number have seen. frown.gifsorry.gif

Let me help you:

Ghostbusters (conspicuously absent thus far) EXCELLENT

Better Off Dead TOP THREE FAVORITE OF ALL TIME

Time Bandits VERY GOOD

Real Genius TOP THREE FAVORITE OF ALL TIME

Short Circuit "I AM SPORTING A TREMENDOUS WOODY!" VERY FUNNY

Kung Pow HAVEN'T SEEN IT

Cannonball Run I & II DUN DUN DUUUUUUUNNNNNNN -- I ALWAYS WANTED TO BE.... CAPTAIN U.S.A.!!!

One Crazy Summer GREAT

Top Secret "THEY'D HAVE ENOUGH SALT TO LAST FOREVER!" GREAT

Three Amigos GUAPO -- IF YOU WANT FOOD, YOU TAKE THE FOOD. IF YOU WANT CATTLE, YOU TAKE THE CATTLE. IF YOU WANT A WOMAN . . . YOU JUST TAKE THE WOMAN!" AWESOME

Ice Pirates NEVER SAW IT

Rockula NEVER SAW IT

The Emperor's New Groove NEVER SAW IT

Favorite lines from:

Better Off Dead: "I want my two dollars!" (Although I really like the scene with Cusak working in the diner to Van Halen - cheesy claymation that works)

27_laughing.gif I have "I want my two dollars" engraved on the back of my iPod!

OMG! I forgot one of the greatest, most hysterically funny movies of all time!

Fletch!

And the Great Outdoors and Uncle Buck and Pee-Wee's Big Adventure.

And now I'm done. I swear.

Man, I forgot Fletch too.

"Can I borrow your towel? My car hit a water buffalo."

OMG! I forgot one of the greatest, most hysterically funny movies of all time!

Fletch!

And the Great Outdoors and Uncle Buck and Pee-Wee's Big Adventure.

And now I'm done. I swear.

Man, I forgot Fletch too.

"Can I borrow your towel? My car hit a water buffalo."

"I'll have a steak sandwich and a steak sandwich."

The entire "examination" scene is hilarious:

"Ever serve any time, Doc?"

"You using the whole fist there, Doc?"

Favorite lines from:

Those are great lines indeed, but how can you pick ANY line from either of those movies as your favorite? Those are two of the most brilliant comedy scripts ever written. They are chock full of classic lines!

"Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy. I know high school girls."

"Nasal spray. You know where I can score some?"

And from Real Genius:

"For instance, I file this under 'H' for 'toy.' "

"Would you characterize that as a design problem or a launch problem?"

"I'm sorry! I'll buy you a car! I don't have one though, it's my dad's!"

"If there's every anything I can do for you -- or more to the point, to you -- you let me know, ok?

Can you drive a six-inch spike through a board with your [!@#%^&^]?

Not right now....

confused-smiley-013.gif Girl's gotta have her standards...."

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Fletch: Where am I?

Nurse: You're in the records room.

Fletch: Oh. Do you have the Beatles White Album? Never mind, just bring me a cup of hot fat. And the head of Alfredo Garcia.

27_laughing.gif, you have to wonder who writes this stuff and where it comes from. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Fletch: Where am I?

Nurse: You're in the records room.

Fletch: Oh. Do you have the Beatles White Album? Never mind, just bring me a cup of hot fat. And the head of Alfredo Garcia.

27_laughing.gif, you have to wonder who writes this stuff and where it comes from. 893applaud-thumb.gif

That's what I always loved about movies like Fletch and Ghostbusters... SO much just sounds like improv! So random, so unrehearsed...

Favorite lines from:

Those are great lines indeed, but how can you pick ANY line from either of those movies as your favorite? Those are two of the most brilliant comedy scripts ever written. They are chock full of classic lines!

"Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy. I know high school girls."

"Nasal spray. You know where I can score some?"

And from Real Genius:

"For instance, I file this under 'H' for 'toy.' "

"Would you characterize that as a design problem or a launch problem?"

"I'm sorry! I'll buy you a car! I don't have one though, it's my dad's!"

"If there's every anything I can do for you -- or more to the point, to you -- you let me know, ok?

Can you drive a six-inch spike through a board with your [!@#%^&^]?

Not right now....

confused-smiley-013.gif Girl's gotta have her standards...."

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

BAH! I was trying to remember the last quote but couldn't remember the length of the spike so I backed off! Dern!

How about the two "dork" characters in each movie? Richie ("They speak the international language - love") in Better Off Dead and Kent ("Why were you nude with a bowl of Jell-O? I was hot and and I was hungry.") in Real Genius. True .