• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Best Comedy?

127 posts in this topic

The Court Jester

Damn! Another great one I forgot! foreheadslap.gif

for a more recent film that ranks high among all-time comedies and pays homage to some of the great screwball masters, you gotta see The Hudsucker Proxy !

Seen it and approved. It really DID have the feel of the screwball comedies, and the touches of fantasy gave it a Capra-esque quality.

All your recent choices I've seen and really enjoyed except for SULLIVAN'S TRAVELS and THE AWFUL TRUTH. Must notate those! thumbsup2.gif

Oh - just remembered another of the great screwball comedies: THE MAN WHO CAME TO DINNER. How can you resist a film where Jimmy Durante says to the maid "Come to my room in a half hour...and bring some rye bread!" 27_laughing.gif

• Skin Deep (1989) (8/10) Here is a rare gem that has John Ritter as we all know

and love 'em doing those outlandish situations that got his famous on Threes Company.

Note: this is the only movie that he has ever made that was worth watching

What? You didn't like "Slingblade"?

• Skin Deep (1989) (8/10) Here is a rare gem that has John Ritter as we all know

and love 'em doing those outlandish situations that got his famous on Threes Company.

never heard of it.

Evidentally I'm not alone because I just did a rottentomatoes.com search

for it and nothing came up. foreheadslap.gif

never heard of it.

Don;t start with rottentomatoes. Start with http://www.imdb.com - it is the most complete movie database on the internet.

never heard of it.

Don;t start with rottentomatoes. Start with http://www.imdb.com - it is the most complete movie database on the internet.

imdb is a great site...use it all the time myself! thumbsup2.gif

never heard of it.

Thanx for the good movie site.

So what was Slingblade? The box doesn't look like a comedy.

What part did Ritter play - Was he good?

never heard of it.

No. It's not a comedy. It was the movie that kick-started Billy Bob Thorton's career. It's a fantastic film about a mentally challenged man and his friendship with a little boy and his mother in a small, po-dunk country town. John Ritter plays the mother's friend. It's intense, but well-acted and written. I highly recommend it. "I reckon you will liike it. Umm-hmmm......" tongue.gif

never heard of it.

No. It's not a comedy. It was the movie that kick-started Billy Bob Thorton's career. It's a fantastic film about a mentally challenged man and his friendship with a little boy and his mother in a small, po-dunk country town. John Ritter plays the mother's friend. It's intense, but well-acted and written. I highly recommend it. "I reckon you will liike it. Umm-hmmm......" tongue.gif

Ritter is very good in Sling Blade. He's funny but not ha-ha funny if I'm remembering the line correctly.

speaking of John Ritter.... anyone ever seen him with Jim Belushi in "Real Men"? Very funny stuff! thumbsup2.gif

never heard of it.

Ritter is very good in Sling Blade. He's funny but not ha-ha funny if I'm remembering the line correctly.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif You got it! "Not funny ha-ha....." 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

speaking of John Ritter.... anyone ever seen him with Jim Belushi in "Real Men"? Very funny stuff! thumbsup2.gif

Yes - I liked that movie! Was just plain fun.

Oh no! Was that the one where Ritter shoot people with his gun finger?!!!

Man I didn't give that the time of day.

It just seemed tooooo silly. sleeping.gif

C'mon! They battled Klowns from outer space!! juggle.gif Cant beat that! thumbsup2.gif

Oh man you got to get young again! Youse gots to appreciate "tooooo silly"!!!!!!!!!

::I weep for you - weep I say - like a cold dark morning when the stars are still vsible in the sky and the chill makes your bones ache...like a hopeful young teen who got up the nerve to ask for a date to the Sping Dance and was accepted...only to get their necessary precsription eyeglasses the day of the dance...like an endangered species who......awwww - the heck with it!::

hi.gif

Oh man you got to get young again! Youse gots to appreciate "tooooo silly"!!!!!!!!!

::I weep for you - weep I say - like a cold dark morning when the stars are still vsible in the sky and the chill makes your bones ache...like a hopeful young teen who got up the nerve to ask for a date to the Sping Dance and was accepted...only to get their necessary precsription eyeglasses the day of the dance...like an endangered species who......awwww - the heck with it!::

hi.gif

Ok Ok, I'll haft to check it out again.

I better do something before you have me sand the floor and paint the fence again,

Mr. Miyagi!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif