• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's see some of those Variant covers

12 posts in this topic

Seems like there have been a lot of threads about Variant covers and their worth, etc. And there's the 'have a cigar' thread in both general comics and golden age comics and the 'infinite bronze horror' thread in bronze and yada yada yada. So how about people show off some of their modern Variant books??? Here's one of mine although it's not like it's a 9.8 or anything like that...

Just_League_front.jpg

I have a pretty sweet copy of that one. I've been outbid on copies of the Firestorm book at every turn.... frown.gif

What kind of prices were these Firestorm and Justice League variants going for and what kind of condition were they in?

Westfield Comics variant of Avengers Forever #1

This isn't my copy.. but I have this one and the regular edition.

aven-forever1b.jpg

Regular Cover:

af001.jpg

I have a pretty sweet copy of that one. I've been outbid on copies of the Firestorm book at every turn.... frown.gif

What kind of prices were these Firestorm and Justice League variants going for and what kind of condition were they in?

I bought the Justice League book pictured for not a lot of money cherry picking a collection.

These are the firestorm books I have record of.

2227149255 Firestorm 61, Test Cover, Superman Logo, RARE 35.89

2224003744 Firestorm #61 CGC 9.6 LOGO VARIANT COVER!! 51.50

2195198781 Firestorm #61 CGC 9.6 Logo VARIANT cvr! RARE 34.00

These are the firestorm books I have record of.

2227149255 Firestorm 61, Test Cover, Superman Logo, RARE 35.89

2224003744 Firestorm #61 CGC 9.6 LOGO VARIANT COVER!! 51.50

2195198781 Firestorm #61 CGC 9.6 Logo VARIANT cvr! RARE 34.00

Thanks for the pricing info, RR.

Absolute proof that collectors should be buying Modern books for reading and enjoyment purposes as opposed to investment purposes. After deducting for the slabbing and listing fees, you are probably looking at returns of less than a dollar per year. And that's for a harder to find variant copy slabbed in high grade. Imagine the negative returns on the more common issues which makes up over 99.9% of the Modern books. And this does not include factoring in the cost of storage or the hassle of shipping and handling. confused-smiley-013.gif