• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harley Yee Website

28 posts in this topic

He only keeps it up so no one will steal his domain name

Who else would want harleyyeecomics.com?

You don't need a website to own a domain name. All it takes is about $30 a month.

You don't need a website to own a domain name. All it takes is about $30 a month.

???

Try about $8 a year. :makepoint:

???

Sorry, meant to say $30 a year.

doh!

???

Sorry, meant to say $30 a year.

doh!

I thought in order to own a dn .... you had to actually register the name which can then be googled and found. I guess you are right though Roy, no web site has to be there..... just the name. hm

You can own the domain name without having a site to land on.

If someone searches the domain name it generally redirects to whoever is hosting the site, or wherever it's set up to redirect to.

During the tech bubble lots of people were buying up popular domain names (especially .com names) and selling them for small fortunes to people who really wanted or needed them. All they did was own the names.

A former co-worker of mine owned Mercedes-BenzCanada.com and was holding out for $1MIL. He was offered $20K or something along those lines by MBC and then the company just said "eff it" and went with a .ca name instead.

lol