• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

time to give back

114 posts in this topic

2011 has been an amazing year for Signature Series. I have been very fortunate to be part of some amazing opportunities. I truly appreciate that and feel I need to give back. I am blessed to have some of you in my life.Thanks for your friendship. You know who you are. Anyway... I have decided that I need to share the wealth. I have 2 books I am going to give away. Yes, just give away. 1 is a Moon Knight #60 CGC SS 9.4 signed by Stephen Platt. The other is a CGC 9.8 SS Jerry Robinson signed Detective #38 replica edition. I want you guys to tell me two people on the SS boards that deserve to get one. Maybe they helped you, maybe they are just good people. I will send one of these books, of my choice to the 2 people that the SS boards thinks deserves them the most. let's try to make this something nice and not a popularity contest. Only rule is you can't vote for yourself. Anyone wanna play?

4125e1ab.jpg

afac7994.jpg

Terrific offer. I commend you for it! :applause:

I offer EvilAsh as one - he's been a really great help to me in getting books signed and he always has a great attitude about him.

My other one would be seanfingh - Great guy from what I can see and has always been generous in his offers to help and his constant compliments on books posted here.

First off, you are a class act Brian and a credit to the hobby! My vote is for:

1. Joe Pierson, without him there is no signature series

2. JJ, he works his tail off at conventions and is a great guy!

Many others are worthy including Kris Moore, Rich Henn, Joel Elad, Jesse Campbell...just to name a few.

Wow, that's a beautiful thing Brian. :applause:

My first vote would have been for you. You've done as much to promote this program, to get some very tough (near impossible) opps done, to include as many people as possible, and to provide help and assistance before anyone has a chance to ask you...but it would be silly to have you send a book to yourself. hm That's something we shall have to remedy.

It's almost impossible to narrow it down to two guys, there are a dozen of more that I could name....this is tough.

If I had to pick two guys other than you.....

1) Richie Henn. This guy, I tell you, he thinks of everyone else first before himself. The man's got a good heart and always tries to do what's right by everybody. I love that about him. He's a real positive force in the SS program, in his hobby and in my life. If it wasn't for guys like Richie acting as a counterbalance to some of the total BS that flies around here I may have quit collecting.

2) JJ. This guy busts his at every convention I seem to be attending. He's helping at the booth, witnessing books, repping artists, helping collectors, advocating for anyone that needs it, he's a tireless ambassador for this program and he's everything this program needs 1,000 more of. I'd like to think I am special and he helps me out just because he loves me, but I know he's done that for dozens and dozens of comic fans, friends, strangers, etc. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wasteoids, dweebies, dickheads — they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude.

There's a bunch more that have helped me personally so much over the year that won't fit here. I'd like to think that they know how much I appreciate them and that I have tried to show it throughout the year.

Wow! While I think there are a great number of guys and gals that would be worthy of such a gift, the two people that come to mind for me are:

Peter Palmer, this guy is the real deal. I'm stoked to meet everyone on this board but Adam has always helped me out, always given great advice, and he just seems like a guy that often times would go without for the betterment of the hobby and us "boardies"

Second would be Andy @ GA collectibles. He has done more for myself and this hobby than anyone I can think of. While I think Richie, Harmon, Adonis, OV, Triston, Kris, Joel, JJ and I'm quite sure I've missed some, are all worthy, these two guys would be my choice :foryou:

Seanfingh: One of the nicest, most helpful people you'll ever meet from the boards - he's a great ambassador for the SS program & just a great guy period.

Rich Henn: A master of slabbing obscure books & getting hard signatures, yet as humble as they come. His public SS opportunities are fantastic, and he deserves serious commendation for working his azz off to spread the SS love to everyone instead of merely bragging about the books he got done for himself.

Honorable mentions should also go to Kevin Boyd, JJ and gacollectibles - they belong on the list just as much as sean & rich.

Rich Henn has done some great things for me this year. He's sent me books to have signed for him, he's taken great care of some KILLER TMNT books I submitted to him for signing, and he even sent me some phenomenal TMNT books to me as a wedding present. (worship) Rich has always been a very positive guy here on the boards, on the phone, or at shows. He's a credit to the SS world.

Harley Troy has always been a very positive person in my experiences with him. I've taken care of a few books for him at a couple of shows and he always sends interesting books...generally the creator's first work. Between that and his focus of Hero Initiative covers makes his collection one that I'd certainly love to see in its entirety. He even sent me a shirt last year from his Harley Davidson location in Colorado. :cool: With so much negativity in the hobby, Troy is awesome to have around!

I can't finish this post without saying thanks to Brian (chainnball) himself. I've met him at a couple of shows and he's always been very friendly. He seems to work his butt off to get some tough-to-achieve SS books done...I can't thank him enough for making my Cassaday Goblin goal a reality. Even at shows as swamped as NYCC, he took his time to make sure my books got witnessed and even made a few suggestions I hadn't thought about prior. Thanks Brian!

I've only been on the boards for about a year now but in that time no one has helped me more than Peter Palmer (Adam) and his wife. Always helpful, great communication and a great team to deal with. So my first vote would go out to them. My second vote I would go with Joe Pierson because of all the help he has provided at conventions.

Really great thing you are doing! Thank you for showing everyone there are still generous people in this world!

I offer EvilAsh as one - he's been a really great help to me in getting books signed and he always has a great attitude about him.

Wow :o thank you :blush:

And Brian, this is a very great thing you are doing, major kudos (worship)

Gotta go with

1. Adonis aka GODOFTHUNDER aka LBJARM. He has offered some amazing opps on this board. All have gone off flawlessly dispite having a new son to take care of.

2. Joe Pierson. By far the hardest working guy I know.

What a great thread, BK. There are so many people that provide so much great support to the program, that it is impossible to list everyone, but I am going to list two for two very specific reasons:

(1) Jon Jespersen (jonjesper) - Most people know how hard he works now, but a lot of people don't know how many of us were trained, counselled and helped by JJ. In addition to being a tireless worker, he has been a true Jedi Master. You would be amazed how many padawan learners he has ushered into SS.

(2) Andrew Cretella (GACollectibles) - Andy has taken the spirit and fun of collecting autographs to the next level in 2011. He has been instrumental in CGC now certifying movie lobby cards (great for situations where there are no comics available to have signed), and has been doggedly providing opportunities at smaller shows to get rare celebrity, animation and comic signatures from folks that do not do the normal show circuit.

I have so many SS homies; you know I love you all. I could right the same type of reasons for so many others. Thanks to everyone for all the kind words.

--S.

Thanks for the kind words homies!

I was just thinking about this as I was getting Hunter ready for school this morning...

I have been through a lot in my personal life this past year and am so thankful for some of my closest friends not only in comics, but in life...people like Brian, Joe, Rich, Anthony, Chris, Sean, Dre, Kevin, Kris Paul, Shawn and one person that doesn't get enough credit because many of you don't know of him but odds are if you dropped a book off at a show this summer to CGC he landed you a signature...

Ryan Patterson.

Ryan lives in the same city as I do and loves him some funny books. He has been lucky enough to go to shows to aid CGC in getting signatures and they keep asking him to come back. Probably because he works his rear off every show and IMO is one of the absolute pure witnesses to ever be in the game. Some of us will never forget 5 of us bringing back a cart of books to the hotel at NYCC 2 years ago. The cart broke. Bang, middle of NY city with a broken cart. Ryan picks the cart up on 2 wheels and proceeds to carry it all the way to the hotel. Wasn't worried about getting accolades but more concerned about doing the right thing. He has been one of my closest friends and would do anything to help me at a moments notice and has! Love ya brother!

Anyways I know he is lurking but never posting. Maybe we can pull him in to our board world soon!

There are so many others I want to put up for my second nomination, but right now this is the person at the top of the list.

1) Adonis (GODOFTHUNDER aka LBJARM) - great opps and customer service.

2) Andrew Cretella (GACollectibles) - great feedbacks and very accommodating. first time dealing with him this year. awaiting the final signing on a book.

3) DWC - awaiting my Simon signed book to get back.

Cosimo, he has been a CAW for a lot of people on the boards and does not get the credit like the facilitators do since he isn't the one taking the submissions. He is the one waiting in the lines to get things done for people he does not even know.

Anthony, because he speaks his mind when most people stay out, and most of the time I think people agree with him and don't say a word and he takes the brunt of it. Lately I have read post from him standing up or bringing up questions for the little guy. I personally think Anthony is out to make SS better for all people.

Brian, this is very nice of you. Please PM me your address and I will send you a free copy of Tommy Zombie. See you next con season.