• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hero Initiative JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA books.

239 posts in this topic

There was no way to know that people were going to bring the big money to Tate's, based on the amount that the books went for at Meltdown (except the Alex Ross).

Last night's Keith went for almost double what the previous one did.

Those people (at Meltdown) got steals.

We (the boardies at Tate's) got good deals.

I think the prices at Megacon will be closer to the true value of the books.

I am low man on the totem pole when it comes to sketches. I just want 1 of these at this point to have a blank JLA sketched cover in my collection.

I will have to figure out if there is one at Megacon that I think I can get without breaking the bank to just have one at this point. Sucks that doing the proxy bids you never know when the big money will come out and you really are at a disadvantage when you only have X $$$ to bid with, I wouldn't want to win and not be able to pay for multiples when I am really looking to get 1 or 2 total for my personal collection.

Par2ch when you go to sell some of the ones you aren't keeping for the collection any chance of offering one or two of them up on the boards here?

I am low man on the totem pole when it comes to sketches. I just want 1 of these at this point to have a blank JLA sketched cover in my collection.

I will have to figure out if there is one at Megacon that I think I can get without breaking the bank to just have one at this point. Sucks that doing the proxy bids you never know when the big money will come out and you really are at a disadvantage when you only have X $$$ to bid with, I wouldn't want to win and not be able to pay for multiples when I am really looking to get 1 or 2 total for my personal collection.

Par2ch when you go to sell some of the ones you aren't keeping for the collection any chance of offering one or two of them up on the boards here?

Books will be in hand after MegaCon.

So for the next wave of these books what do you guys think will be the top 3 sellers?

Any idea what the most likely bottom 5 will be?

I just found out from my work that I will be taking a 35% pay cut if I want to keep my position. :(

I still want to try and get at least 1 of these for the collection but now it looks like I will have to focus on 1 of the most likely lowest $$ ones and put in my proxy bid for just the one book if I am to luck out and snag one.

Well,

I was very anxious to see what my book would grade out as. I was figuring a 9.6 or so. It looked like it was in good shape.

So I was pretty excited when the box arrived. Well, the book did grade at 9.6.

However, It's not my book.

I bought the Bullock.

The CGC slab thing says Bullock but they put the Tony Parker book inside of it. CGC said they think they know who has my book but I am still waiting to hear back from them.

If anyone here won the Parker don't fear. Your book is safe and sound and I will get it back to CGC.

Shannon