• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 11 GA Acquisitions of 2011. Post 'em if you got 'em.

424 posts in this topic

Oh yes, I want it out of the pesky slab,but haven't quite found the courage to do so yet...

Dig down deep into your courage bank Russ and crack it out! I was there when the deal went down, and Russ had an ear to ear grin. I can only imagine the Jack O' Lantern sized grin ge his sporting right now :grin:

there is egg nog, there is spiked egg nog, and then there is the stuff that pons is drinking.

Yeah, ummmm... My acquisitions aren't quite of the caliber of a Bats 1 or Supe 1. Or really most of the books posted. But here's some of my faves. :grin:

THRILLED to have been able to pick up a boardies undercopy.

P1340876.jpg

Not especially rare but my first copy.

P1340871.jpg

Kind of cool double-cover.

P1340870.jpg

Schomburg on the cheap.

P1340691.jpg

Can't remember if this came in 2010 or beginning of '11

P1330307.jpg

And perhaps my fave, signed by the King. (Kirby NOT Elvis)

P1340805.jpg

P1340776.jpg

Oh yes, I want it out of the pesky slab,but haven't quite found the courage to do so yet...

......just follow this line of logic....book looks nicer than 7.5....resto check is redundant, it's already restored.....imagine the limp suppleness of that first Joker in your hands....and the slab may very well pop itself open. I've popped restored books before, trust me, it'll be the best thing you ever did....you'll be thrilled with it. Especially if Matt did the deed. GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

as one who knows how badly he's wanted one, let me go on record and say that'll be the only limp thing at the crack-party.

True.And if I crack it,I'm hoping for stiff and bouncy....pages that is.

....it's GA....It won't be like one of those flimsy SA books. GA books are tough like a doormat....it's not easy to hurt one. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I have to say at the outset that I'll probably be posting revisions before the end of the year as several spectacular things are forthcoming.

These pretty puppies have been dropped from my earlier list (it was a painful process)... smiley-sad049.gif

img_CapAmerica74_150-1.jpg

img_CapAmerica71_147-1.jpg

img_MysticV22_037-1-1.jpg

img_CapAmerica49_145-1.jpg

img_PlasticMan1_162.jpg

For those remaining, it was a tough call in respect to ranking, but this is my finalized Top 11 in 2011 list:

#11...

img_Cat-Man4_089-1.jpg

#10...

img_Shield-Wizard7MH_182-1.jpg

#9...

img_PhantomLady17_080-1.jpg

#8 (This one's a toss-up. Both acquired around the same time, and I can't imagine one without the other)...

img_AW19_141-1.jpgimg_AW21_143-1.jpg

#7...

img_USA1_039-2-1.jpg

#6...

img_DBHfrontcovercopy_158.jpg

#5...

img_CaptAm6_187-1.jpg

#4...

img_CaptAm7_189-1.jpg

#3...

img_CaptAm8_188-1.jpg

#2...

img_CaptainAmerica9FC_170.jpg

And my TOP GA acquisition of 2011 (drum roll please)...

V

V

V

V

V

V

is...

:popcorn:

e96ad158.jpg

smiley-dance001.gifsmiley-dance001.gifsmiley-dance001.gifsmiley-dance001.gifsmiley-dance001.gifsmiley-dance001.gifsmiley-dance001.gifsmiley-dance001.gifsmiley-dance001.gifsmiley-dance001.gif:whee:

Alex Schomburg original art recreating his awesome cover for Marvel Mystery #66 (Sept. '45)...

1ad64209.jpg

smiley-happy057.gifsmiley-happy057.gifsmiley-happy057.gifsmiley-happy057.gifsmiley-happy057.gifsmiley-happy057.gifsmiley-happy057.gif

Just thought I'd revive this great thread and in time before the New Year.

Thanks to the boards for getting me interested in the GA! (worship) The books you all have and shared are AMAZING! :cloud9: My books may not be as top notch as some of you all, but it's what I could afford. :)

Here's my favorite pickups for 2011... enjoy.

zoot7-.jpgrulah18-.jpgjo-jo17-.jpgphantomlady14-.jpgusa15-.jpgdaring11-.jpgplanet36-.jpgspeed41-.jpgspeed3-.jpg

and my two favorites...

brickbradford6-.jpgdaringmystery6-.jpg

Hopefully, 2012 will bring a bunch of great books for all of us! :wishluck: Cheers! :cloud9:

Wow!!!! :o

That's whole lot of Golden Age Good Girl Art!!!! :cloud9:

I'd like to take this opportunity to recap decepticon's post...

FANTASTIC! (thumbs u

+1 (Speed 3 = Eldon copy = :cloud9: )

lol

You and I have such similar tastes in comics. All of the books he posted were cool, but my lustful eye landed on the Speed 3 as well and was going to quote the post highlighting it as my favorite of the bunch

So, it looks like this thread has run its course, and there were some truely awesome pick-ups in 2011. Many thanks and hearty congrats to all of you who shared your GA treasures with us. :applause:

Considering I haven't been around the GA Forum much lately (or the Boards as a whole), I'd like to take this Friday night to be a little self-indulgant and post my own Top-11 from 2011, one at a time. I'll even offer up a little story or two for those who are viewing to hopefully make it more interesting.

Needless to say, it was a pretty good year of acquisitions for Yours Truely. :blush:

With that, let's get this show on the Road:

# 11: Men's Adventures # 18 (CGC 8.0). After a couple of years of dipping my toes into the Atlas War well, I jumped feet first in 2011 and managed to acquire over two dozen high grade beauties. This one I submitted myself after purchasing it from Harley Yee at Heroes. Not a high dollar book, but you just gotta Love those Atlas War covers!

MensAdventures18CGC80.jpg