• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

California Comic Convention 2012

100 posts in this topic

Any highlight books at the Con?

There were so many great books there.I only bought one book though. (thumbs u

Yeah, I wish I went :cry: but drank a little too much Saturday night :sorry: Was just out of it on Sunday and was too lazy making the 45 minute drive there. I'm glad you guys had fun!

Any highlight books at the Con?

There were so many great books there.I only bought one book though. (thumbs u

Yeah, I wish I went :cry: but drank a little too much Saturday night :sorry: Was just out of it on Sunday and was too lazy making the 45 minute drive there. I'm glad you guys had fun!

Missed out brother. (shrug)

I want to thank everyone who participated in the show!

It was our highest attendance to date.

Val Mayerik said he would do the show anytime I asked him to

and Herb Trimpe said it the best show he ever done.

I could not ask for a better complement.

I posted some show pictures on the web-site. CalComicCon 2012

I was there from 11:00AM to 1:00PM, could not stay long due to something else that is going on in my life right now.

Had pm.ed NearMint, but I did not make better arrangements to meet just for an introduction. This won't happen for the next time, as I lost out meeting some great Boardies.

We spent the first 20 minutes or so in the CGC submission line, and the line, at that time, was seven deep. The only one I recognized was Gemma, and she was supervising the booth.

We got to exchange pleasantries once the line subsided, and as always Gemma was very nice. She remembered my Zoot Suit from Long Beach.

I did manage to pick up 3 bargained-priced PGX slabs, and picked up 12 raw ASM's for me to process towards the next batch of submitted comics for grading.

There was an IRON MAN 1 CGC 7.0 but the Dealer wanted 700.

But this crowd was larger than any crowd I have ever seen.

I will be there again at least once more this year.

CAL who will attend more this year...

Thanks! Now, all I need is Len and Romita Sr.

Herb was really cool and took pictures and spoke with everyone. And he took requests for sketches. He's a real class act!

I feel bad that I didn't have an opportunity to meet you. :(