• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

California Comic Convention 2012

100 posts in this topic

The sixth California Comic Convention will be held this winter on Sunday, January 29th, 2012.

The show will be held in Orange County in Yorba Linda, held just miles from Disneyland and other attractions.

We will continue to have a raffle that will have CGC graded comics, original artwork and sketches by guest artists.

All paid admissions will receive a raffle ticket, extra ticket can be purchased at the show.

Advance purchases will receive three tickets, with a chance at a special online ticket holder only raffle.

CGC will again be taking comic submissions and doing signature witnessing.

This year the California Comic Convention will continue to place emphasis on vintage comic books.

Dealers from all over the country will be at the show.

So far we have confirmed Herb Trimpe as a guest of honor and we will announce more guests as they are confirmed.

The show will be held from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM; tickets are only $10 and parking is free.

For more info goto: CalComicCon

CCC_2011_banner300_100_px.jpg

If you're looking for Golden, Silver, Bronze, or even Copper Age books, and want a great selection from friendly dealers, then THIS IS THE SHOW TO ATTEND! I've either attended or set up at most of these shows, and it's HIGHLY recommended! No hoopla, just two rooms of quality dealers in an easy, relaxed setting.

Joel

This is a nice small show, went for the first time this year and got some books signed by Ernie Chan. Hopefully no rain in 2012 like this year that caused the vendors who had booths on the outside to reshuffle their tables to underneath the roof.

Anyone know what Mr. Herb Trimpe's convention sketch prices are? Would be interested in getting a Hulk or old-school Wolverine sketch from him if it wasn't too high.

I hope you have a great time, Dave! :)

How can I not,it's in my backyard. :headbang: 5 Minutes from my home. :whee:

Hey! Im 5 mins away too!

Be there too! (thumbs u

We should have name tags with our board names. hm

Hey! Im 5 mins away too!

Be there too! (thumbs u

I'm about 65 nonstop hours away.

Hey! Im 5 mins away too!

Be there too! (thumbs u

I'll be the one wearing the karate gi :kidaround:

In some ways oddly enough this show is more fun than San Diego! Brings you back to the roots of the hobby, small room, less people, just comics. No movie stars or studio exhibits or lines for trinkets. Just old fashioned comic fun.

Agreed... If you love comics, and want a great variety of Golden, Silver, Bronze, and even Copper Age, this is the show to go to! You get real access to the guests, no lines, a tremendous raffle with tons of prizes, and an easy going environment. I can't wait for this show!