• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series 2012

106 posts in this topic

I have attempted to crack blue labels.. I'm not too good :(

That part will hurt the most

I will crack books for people at shows, just give me them at night or after the show to do it. I have no problem with it, just buy me a soda once in awhile lol

All that crackin' for soda? You got a deal. (thumbs u

Maybe the lower volume of books being submitted will help get the turnaround times back on track. lol

Seriously though, this doesn't surprise me at all. I've wondered before why they would allow for books to be held from one show to the next. Looking at it from a business perspective it just doesn't make sense. It would essentially cause them to lose potential profit by causing them to put the time and effort into transporting and then getting the books signed which, I would imagine, isn't cheap. Add onto that the cost of insurance that covers the books while in their possession and the payroll percentage and it more than likely isn't cost effective to offer a hold service for multiple sigs even for a nominal fee.

From the perspective of a collector it's not something I'm thrilled to hear but I completely understand it. If nothing else maybe it will cause people to appreciate multi-signature books even more.

At the end of the day having to submit multiple times for multiple sigs as opposed to raising the price on holding books is a waste of raw materials. I would gladly pay the same price to save the raw materials.

Still believe 100% that SS should be entirely in house. If this never becomes an option, then I believe with JJ that facilitators should have tight restrictions on how they handle books.

Stuff has to move faster. Some of these time frames I have seen on here are absolutely unacceptable. It's really up to the customer to help police and let the higher ups know when something isn't right, but I will be happy to fight the fight for the masses.

Are you talking about sketch opportunities or signings? (shrug)

opportunities where customers are waiting unusually long amounts of time for books that they were expecting in a reasonable amount of time. mess, i'm sounding like Caira or Harmon now.

I appreciate what you sketch facilitators offer and you guys keep everyone abreast of the situation, but I still think it needs to go inside due the number that don't have any regard for customer service.

Price of signed WD 19's just went up ;)

$5 more than you're charging now since Kirkman and Moore do show up at same shows occasionally.

$5 more than you're charging now since Kirkman and Moore do show up at same shows occasionally.

Unless they are signed by Adlard and Rathburn as well. :baiting:

I am priced out currently, plenty set aside. Just wondering how high they will continue to go?

You and me both. We'll find out in 3 -8 months.

CGC was at Fanexpo.

As a company NO,

IT WAS NOT

(tsk)

So what service was not available? They need to have an actual CGC booth?

[font:Book Antiqua]You know...

You are right,

ONE CAF for a convention

with 80,000 attendants make totally sense....[/font]

:makepoint:

I really hope that this means that CGC will get their turn around times back on track.

If we have to submit the book each time, then wait an exorbitant amount of time before receiving the book back, there is a strong chance that we will miss getting additional creators while waiting for the books to get back.

I was planning on doing an ensemble of signatures on a spidey blank, but this is going to make it a lot more difficult.

CGC was at Fanexpo.

As a company NO,

IT WAS NOT

(tsk)

So what service was not available? They need to have an actual CGC booth?

[font:Book Antiqua]You know...

You are right,

ONE CAF for a convention

with 80,000 attendants make totally sense....[/font]

:makepoint:

There were a few witnesses and all books got done. What else do you want? :sumo: