• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the most expensive Sig Series book out there?

33 posts in this topic

Seeing the thread with the Batman #1 being signed by Jerry Robinson has me wondering if there are a lot of other high dollar books out there that have been signed and slabbed by CGC as Signature Series books. I know that a lot of GA and SA collectors out there are against the idea of getting HG or rare books signed because in their eyes it takes away from what the book is.

I on the other hand would rather have that HG book signed by the artist, writer or creator since it makes it that much more rare and I am sure even within the Signature Room everyone's thoughts would be split on this. Just curious how most people here would feel about if that Batman #1 was yours would you or wouldn't you want to get it signed?

Also what other 5 + figure books are out there that are in yellow slabs, would love to see some pictures I am guessing there are very few of them out there.

There was that Hulk #181 CGC SS 9.8 signed by Stan Lee that sold for like $32K

The most expensive book I had gotten done for a boardie was an All-American Comics #16 Apparent CGC SS 2.5 signed by Shelly Moldoff.

There was that Hulk #181 CGC SS 9.8 signed by Stan Lee that sold for like $32K

The most expensive book I had gotten done for a boardie was an All-American Comics #16 Apparent CGC SS 2.5 signed by Shelly Moldoff.

$32K??? :o

There are Cap 1 SS books out there.
There're only 3 SS copies of Cap #1.

4.5 being the highest graded SS copy.

By Cap 1 you mean Cap #100? What is a 4.5 SS 'Cap 1' worth?

I passed on a Captain America #100 I saw.

There are Cap 1 SS books out there.
There're only 3 SS copies of Cap #1.

4.5 being the highest graded SS copy.

By Cap 1 you mean Cap #100? What is a 4.5 SS 'Cap 1' worth?

I passed on a Captain America #100 I saw.

I meant Captain America Comics #1

For Captain America #100,there're 120 SS copies.

9.6 being the highest graded SS copy.

Cap #1 SS could go for $50k