• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Auction Houses

82 posts in this topic

:baiting:

What shows are you doing next year?

U interested in being a BunkyBoy? :banana:

No, that sounds lascivious. I just wondered if and when I'd see you again.

(shrug)

Well lets see, first up is the Yerba Buena Terry Comic show, than Wondercon in Aniheim, than Emerald City in Seattle? Than SD, yea!!!!and than Chicago,

So book your flight and come out to CA with GAtor, and see me, :wishluck:

:baiting:

What shows are you doing next year?

U interested in being a BunkyBoy? :banana:

No, that sounds lascivious. I just wondered if and when I'd see you again.

(shrug)

Well lets see, first up is the Yerba Buena Terry Comic show, than Wondercon in Aniheim, than Emerald City in Seattle? Than SD, yea!!!!and than Chicago,

So book your flight and come out to CA with GAtor, and see me, :wishluck:

Emerald City is a maybe. Hopefully, I'll make SD and Chicago.

I just received an e-mail from Heritage and noticed this at the bottom:

I spoke with Heritage customer service today and this change is due to start January 1, 2012. I realize that there is some risk and a cost to accepting credit cards, but it makes things so much more convenient for customers. And lets face it, many of us put things on a credit card that we might not be able to afford otherwise.

What do people think about this change?

Not good news. :(

I spend about 7 to 10k a year with Heritage and have so for the last 7-8 years. It looks like my buying days from Heritage are over as credit cards are the only feasible way I can pay from my part of the world. Very sad :(

I spoke with Heritage customer service today and this change is due to start January 1, 2012. I realize that there is some risk and a cost to accepting credit cards, but it makes things so much more convenient for customers. And lets face it, many of us put things on a credit card that we might not be able to afford otherwise.

I spend about 7 to 10k a year with Heritage and have so for the last 7-8 years. It looks like my buying days from Heritage are over as credit cards are the only feasible way I can pay from my part of the world. Very sad :(

My rates as a proxy are very reasonable. ;)

If comiclink could bear to modernize their site from its current 2003 incarnation, maybe they would get better results?

(shrug)

Frankly, I hope they don't, because I like getting decent deals from them

Starting January 1, 2012, we will not longer be accepting Credit Cards or PayPal as a method of payment. Methods of payment that are accepted will be check, echeck, bank wire, cashiers check and money order.

What's an "echeck" ? Is this a payment through paypal (and only paypal) or you send one from your bank account ?

Starting January 1, 2012, we will not longer be accepting Credit Cards or PayPal as a method of payment. Methods of payment that are accepted will be check, echeck, bank wire, cashiers check and money order.

What's an "echeck" ? Is this a payment through paypal (and only paypal) or you send one from your bank account ?

echeck is a check payment over the telephone by providing your routing number and bank account.

I would encourage you and anyone else who is unhappy about this change to contact Heritage and express your feelings. The customer service rep I who I spoke to today said that the company is interested in feedback. I would start at the top, so here are the e-mail addresses of the founders and President. Note that these e-mails are public as they are easily found on the Heritage website.

Steve Ivy - Steve@HA.com

Jim Halperin - Jim@HA.com

Greg Rohan - Greg@HA.com

echeck is a check payment over the telephone by providing your routing number and bank account.

So again,something I can't use.

So again,something I can't use.

You might be able to provide the information over the Internet. It's basically an electronic draft from your account to theirs.

After the last Heritage illustration art auction I found out that they don't ship art anymore. They gave me the names of three shippers and I had to arrange for my own shipping. It was much more expensive than what Heritage used to charge. I guess it doesn't matter any more as the no CC rule will stop me from buying on Heritage anyway.

Mike

After the last Heritage illustration art auction I found out that they don't ship art anymore. They gave me the names of three shippers and I had to arrange for my own shipping. It was much more expensive than what Heritage used to charge. I guess it doesn't matter any more as the no CC rule will stop me from buying on Heritage anyway.

Mike

+1. My guess is that if they see a big drop in sale prices and revenue they will reverse it.

FWIW, I have stopped consigning with Clink for a bit since 1) the prices I have been receiving on eBay are right in line or higher on a lot of books than I see them selling for on Clink and 2) the one month turnaround on receiving payment. The wait is the bigger issue for me - with eBay you have your funds within a week and can turn it around and buy more books to flip/keep in the private collection asap. With the Clink the whole process is delayed by a month.

No credit cards or Paypal... Goodbye, Heritage... It's been nice dealing with ya, but I regret to inform you that as an internet purchasing avenue, taking away the customers' preferred method of payment seems... short-sighted.

From the replies in this thread it seems that the Heritage credit card issue mainly affects those clients outside of the United States. E-checks do not seem to be widely available outside the US, so wire transfer is probably the main option. The transfer of money is fast, but it requires a trip to a bank to do it.

While Comics are mainly an area of interest in North America and Western Europe, there are many areas that Heritage deals in that have a more international apeal such as World and Ancient Coins and Wine.

Heritage seems to be trying to expand its international client base, so it is curious that they would adopt a policy that would seem to be a disadvantage to that clientele in particular.

I just received the following correction from Heritage:

Please Note: Starting January 1, 2012, we will no longer be accepting Credit Cards or PayPal as a method of payment for invoices over $2,500. Methods of payment that are accepted for invoices above that amount are check, eCheck, bank wire, cashier's check and money order.

Thanks for the update, Mike. That's a little better than the first e-mail.

Not much better! They sell a lot of items worth more than $2500. Their old credit card cap was $20K, I think (or maybe it was $10K).

Thanks for the update, Mike. That's a little better than the first e-mail.

Not much better! They sell a lot of items worth more than $2500. Their old credit card cap was $20K, I think (or maybe it was $10K).

I agree $2500 seems too low. I believe 10K was the old limit. A 5K limit would seem to be reasonable to me.

In regards to the $290 hit on $10K, I don't think that is significant. If it allows the purchaser to buy something he otherwise couldn't finance, then I make a $10K sale that I otherwise would not make.

$10,000.00 x 2.9% =$290.00 anyone here up for taking that kinda hit? HA just took it for me last auction.

I would be shocked if Heritage are paying as high as 2.9%. If they are, they should hire me to negotiate a new merchant agreement with their credit card bank and split the savings with me.