• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Pearson - Please Give Him Your Support!

3 posts in this topic

Some of you may already be aware of Jason Pearson's current situation but I thought I would post here as well for those who weren't aware of recent developments.

Earlier today, Jason posted an extremely worrying message to his Facebook page which has been "shared" by many people via Facebook. It read as follows:

"Life sucks. I hate to admit it but I'm scared. I see a world that I don't like and have no hope for. I would love to do Body Bags again. I have so many stories rolling in my head but after Hanna and Kick , who would give a ----? I can't play the game like Jim Lee or Todd Mcfarlane. I'm not as talented as Adam Hughes or Travis Charest. So I'm a loser. Right now, I have only have two hundred dollars, can't pay rent but I owe so many people SO much more. Marvel and DC haven't answered any of my calls so I guess my time is up. To Gaijin Studios, I miss you SO much. To Studio Revolver, thank you. To Mike A, thanks again for keeping me alive. To Keven Gardner, Harris Miller, Casey Edwards, Joe Peacock, and Chris Donio, I'm sorry. To the Dragons, I failed you. To Katie, I wish I knew you more. To Mom, Janet, and Larry, thanks for supporting and loving me. To Sara, I never stopped loving you. Goodbye."

The message prompted an immediate outpouring of supportive posts and thankfully during the exchange of concerned posts, it was learned that Dexter Vines and others had rushed to Jason's home to be with him and help him out during this difficult period.

I just thought it would be pertinent to mention here that Jason needs our support and if you've been thinking of purchasing a Jason Pearson original from his recent work on various Marvel books, then please visit his dealer, Michael Alexander's, CAF gallery -

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetailSearch.asp?Artist=JASON+PEARSON&GCat=44376

Best,

Royd

Royd,

Thanks for bringing this topic to light. I was following the Facebook conversation that followed Mr. Pearson's post...and it saddened me greatly to hear that he was in such straits. He's truly one of the good guys amongst creators, which makes the situation all the more heartbreaking.

Mr. Pearson's already working on a pair of commissions for me (ordered at Heroes Con), so I've done what I can in a financial sense. Please, though, let us know if you find any other ways that people can help out. I'll be the first one in line! :)

Thanks,

carlos a.s. lising

Hey Carlos,

Good to hear from you mate :) I've since read via some of the follow-up posts at Facebook that Jason is doing okay and is with friends which is a relief.

I look forward to checking our your commissions from Jason in due course! Warm regards,

Royd

Royd,

Thanks for bringing this topic to light. I was following the Facebook conversation that followed Mr. Pearson's post...and it saddened me greatly to hear that he was in such straits. He's truly one of the good guys amongst creators, which makes the situation all the more heartbreaking.

Mr. Pearson's already working on a pair of commissions for me (ordered at Heroes Con), so I've done what I can in a financial sense. Please, though, let us know if you find any other ways that people can help out. I'll be the first one in line! :)

Thanks,

carlos a.s. lising