• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your top 5 Silver Age acquisitions of 2011

127 posts in this topic

Cool thread!

My Top 5...

ASM 5 9.0 OW (from Dave/humantorch)

SPIDERMAN5CGC90OW.jpg

FF 16 9.0 OWW (from jimjum)

ff16-1.jpg

JIM 87 9.0 W (from Andy/goldust40)

JIM87CGC90W.jpg

JIM 94 9.0 W (from Rich/Korvac Saga)

jim94w.jpg

ASM 7 9.0 OW (from Metropolis)

SPIDERMAN7CGC90OW.jpg

2nd 5... :devil:

FF 15 9.0 W (from Dan/drummy)

ASM 12 9.0 OWW (from Clink)

ASM 10 9.0 OW (from Metropolis)

FF 48 9.0 OWW (from Clink)

JIM 108 9.2 OWW (from Clink)

Cheating !!!! you can't have a 2nd five! :baiting:

So many nice books.....always wanted an AA #1......ASM 7 is one of my favorite comics of all time....cool to the very last panel. The early Marvel SA was so fun....not dark and brooding. I didn't even know there WAS a Green River Avengers 4. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Cool! :headbang: Your not posting that SWEET Rawhide Kid #1?????

....sold to a boardie. I'm in the income bracket that has to sell a few to get a few. I have ecclectic tastes, usually artist driven. Kirby, Ditko, Frazetta, Everett are my main focus. I must admit, I immediately missed it...that cover is :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I could only come up with 1 book (shrug)

lf.jpg

Well I got a couple WD #1's in 9.8 coming from a boardie and they are not in hand so well I guess thats 3 and you know what they look like

It may just be the one book, but what a book!

+1

2011 has been a good year. I've managed to pick up twenty-eight books that match my modest collecting goals. Below are my favourites for a variety of reasons.

Listed chronologically ...

Tales to Astonish #39 • January 1963 • October 1962 newsstand

TTA39FJan63.jpg

It's an early Ant-Man, a "circle 12" and comes with a huge fuschia beetle. Hard not to love. :grin: From Harley Yee.

Kathy #27 • February 1964 • December 1963 newsstand

K27FFeb64.jpg

This is the last issue of the title. It was cancelled to make room on the distribution list for Daredevil. Kathy was one of those relatively obscure Marvel teen titles of the early '60s.

K27p9.jpg

It's a great example of it's kind. Another from Harley Yee during one of his Toronto visits.

Tales of Suspense #51 • March 1964 • December 1963 newstand

TOS51FMar64.jpg

Published the same month as Kathy #27, this may be my favourite cover from the series. It's a great Kirby/Roussos cover that heralds a not so great villain.

TOS51p7.jpg

Deadly crows! Yet another from Harley Yee.

Daredevil #5 • December 1964 • October 1964 newsstand

DD5FDec64.jpg

I owned a copy of this when I was first collecting as a kid back in 1970. In the days before local comic book stores, eBay and Internet collecting, this was an old comic book. The yellow and black costume was very cool, as were Wallace Wood's beautifully drawn women. This one was courtesy of Flaming Telepath -- one of the tightest graders around.

Amazing Spider-man #30 • November 1965 • August 1965 newsstand

ASM30FNov65.jpg

I'd been searching a long time for a good copy of this book. It was difficult to find one that had a clean cover and good paper quality. Thanks to Foolkiller for this one.