• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speaking of Movies...What about some Kirby Monster movies?

18 posts in this topic

Think about it. Imagine a series of films from Marvel based on the Kirby Monsters. What would you think seeing titles like Grottu, Dragoom, Gargantus, Fin Fang Foom, Zzutak?

Personally I would be thrilled. Especially if they took a real sci-fi approach to them.

Think about it. Imagine a series of films from Marvel based on the Kirby Monsters. What would you think seeing titles like Grottu, Dragoom, Gargantus, Fin Fang Foom, Zzutak?

Personally I would be thrilled. Especially if they took a real sci-fi approach to them.

^^

:gossip:

and as long as Grant Morrison and Alan Moore stay far away from these Kirby monsters I am all for it. ;)

^^

and as long as Grant Morrison and Alan Moore stay far away from these Kirby monsters I am all for it. ;)

That, and have TOHO license them. Keep Hollywood away..... Far Far away...

Haven't we all had enough of the Kirby monster stories? It's been done enough. The genre is in need of Grant Morrison & Alan Moore to move in on it & cause some serious deconstruction. Let's see some monsters with impotence, drunken AA-bound monsters, & some human serial killer villians rather than Dragoom runamok for the zillionth time. This is my new single spaced posting style.

I think they would be fantastic. Seems the right time to deliver movies like this based on how well lower budget monster and horror flicks have done in the past.

This stuff never gets old!

I think this genre would be best served as a high-quality animated series -- along the same lines as the recent Green Lantern special.

Each episode would have a the same band of monster hunters who investigate strange goings on within the fringes of the Marvel Universe. Of course, there would be an underlying plot as to what was causing the monster to appear - some combination of the Deviants and/or the Mole Man (you get the idea). This series would operate outside the super-hero realm (with maybe an occasional guest app for good measure).

Occasionally, there would be a flashback episode to the 50s/early 60s where actual panels from Kirby, Ditko & Heck stories could be animated into the story. How cool would THAT be!

Lots of possibilities...

Haven't we all had enough of the Kirby monster stories? It's been done enough. The genre is in need of Grant Morrison & Alan Moore to move in on it & cause some serious deconstruction. Let's see some monsters with impotence, drunken AA-bound monsters, & some human serial killer villians rather than Dragoom runamok for the zillionth time. This is my new single spaced posting style.

There can never be enough.

And what;s with the Wall Of Tetxt? :whee:

Exactly! This is getting to the heart of the matter. Grim and gritty all the way. Isn't it about time we moved out of our infancy?

;)

Exactly! This is getting to the heart of the matter. Grim and gritty all the way. Isn't it about time we moved out of our infancy?

;)

Thanks. Do you like my new single spaced posting style? I'm really trying hard to break free of mindless convention. I need to be me & this is the new me to be. I think it's gotta cluttered feel. Poor feng shui. I want one of those tablets. I think I can increase my per day post count with one of those. This is all about DiceX; DiceX for President 2012.

^^

Alan Moore and Grant Morrison don't make movies.

^^

Alan Moore and Grant Morrison don't make movies.

;)