• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I think someone overbid!?

18 posts in this topic

Now why can't I get bidders like these going nuts on my auctions? confused.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

That's a fellow forum member, ya know?

Yes, I thought so.

He should know better!

foreheadslap.gif

PM Glenn and find out. He did pretty well on his ASMs so far and may be trying to complete a TTA run confused-smiley-013.gif Glenn usually drops the hammer like that on items he wants; there has to be someone else that bid similarly ($500) to drive it up that high or maybe it was shilled indirectly confused-smiley-013.gif Some sellers just do better regularly because of reputation and favorite bidders that like to thrill bid and drive prices up.

These 6 books in FVF are not worth $500!

893whatthe.gif

I just looked at the bid history and Glenn is just the unfortunate victim of a snipe gone wrong. Two guys, Glenn and richieprimo both interested in winning this lot put in high snipes to secure the win - hitman is the next big playa with a reasonable bid of $150... just a big foreheadslap.gif and example of how snipes can go wrong for you.

893whatthe.gif

I just looked at the bid history and Glenn is just the unfortunate victim of a snipe gone wrong. Two guys, Glenn and richieprimo both interested in winning this lot put in high snipes to secure the win - hitman is the next big playa with a reasonable bid of $150... just a big foreheadslap.gif and example of how snipes can go wrong for you.

I thought it was triple FMV! foreheadslap.gif

I bet this is one snipe he wished he lost!

$150 seems right on ($25 per book).

cool cover on that # 59! thumbsup2.gif

893whatthe.gif

Oh well hell pay for the snipe but with showcase new england you just send them back because they are over graded! They used to grade good! Built themselves a reputation and now there suck on grading purposely and think the pretty Mylars will save them and you know what they do!

Davidking623

893whatthe.gif

I thought it was triple FMV! foreheadslap.gif

I bet this is one snipe he wished he lost!

$150 seems right on ($25 per book).

I'd agree on the FMV, but the total for these books in the OS is $356. The guide is quite a bit off on mid-grade late '60s Marvels, to say the least.

PM Glenn and find out. He did pretty well on his ASMs so far and may be trying to complete a TTA run confused-smiley-013.gif Glenn usually drops the hammer like that on items he wants; there has to be someone else that bid similarly ($500) to drive it up that high or maybe it was shilled indirectly confused-smiley-013.gif Some sellers just do better regularly because of reputation and favorite bidders that like to thrill bid and drive prices up.

Darth has a pretty cool head here as always. I thought about buying it at the last second and was too late to snipe. Therefore, mine was not a snipe, but a comma error instead of a period. I sent Dan an e-mail explaining the error and the transaction was immediatly cancelled by Showcase.

Sorry to put a good thread to rest sorry.gif

Darth has a pretty cool head here as always. I thought about buying it at the last second and was too late to snipe. Therefore, mine was not a snipe, but a comma error instead of a period. I sent Dan an e-mail explaining the error and the transaction was immediatly cancelled by Showcase.

Sorry to put a good thread to rest sorry.gif

BTW my bid was technically for $17,656. While in error, it did flush out a potential problem with over sniping, which I like to believe I am rarely guilty of. As far as I know the lot will fo to the under bidder for about $179.

There you are! hi.gif

I figured it was a mistake of some kind.

No regular poster here would ever bid 200%-300% of book for mid-grade comics.

grin.gif

There you are! hi.gif

I figured it was a mistake of some kind.

No regular poster here would ever bid 200%-300% of book for mid-grade comics.

grin.gif

No but it does make for good fodder, as shown here. It also gives some insight into the efficiencies or inefficiencies of the market. The fact that Showcase still has a less than stellar reputation makes for an occasional good deal...On tyhe other hand, I know a lot of people have been really happy with Zilla4, for example. I got a slew of books from his last auction and thought they were overgraded by at least a grade, across the board. He got prices reflective of spot on grading. From now on I'll be a bit more cautious on thoise auctions. I did send a handfulof expensive books back to zilla and did get money back! thumbsup2.gif

Like them or not they both offer all your money back...no questions asked.