• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Northland Pedigree original sales list

33 posts in this topic

and an assortment of a dozen 12-cent Adventures that I got from Ed Jaster cheap (I guess not that many high grade Legion fans) which are all outstanding 9.4-9.6 examples. They all have nice page quality.

Legion appearances are woefully undervalued. There are a few of us looking for high grade copies, but not many. A couple of years ago there'd be a 9.4 or 9.6 copy on eBay or Heritage every few months or so, but they really seem to have dried up in the past year. Perhaps the prices just didn't incentivize sellers to sell. Which issues do you have, and are you interested in selling any? 893crossfingers-thumb.gifThis is the first I'd heard of Northland Adventures.

Unfortunately my memory of these books was overly kind. Out of the 14 Northland Adventures I have,

only 4 were graded NM by Motor City. The nicest one is #344 (not surprisingly the oldest one). It

is at least a 9.4 with nice page quality. Unfortunately most of the later issues (ranging from 355 to

380) were graded NM- by Motor City, and while structurally pretty nice (probably only 9.2) their

pages are off white with a couple creams in there.

Overall they are NOWHERE NEAR as nice as the Northland 80 page Jimmys I have. Sorry to have

exaggerated. frown.gif

Does anyone know why the earlier Northland books have better whiteness and page quality than

the later ones? Some of the late 60's books I've seen have inner cover tanning and cream pages,

and yet some from 5 years earlier have white pages.

Were they stored differently? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Does anyone know why the earlier Northland books have better whiteness and page quality than

the later ones? Some of the late 60's books I've seen have inner cover tanning and cream pages,

My TTA #90 Northland does not have tanning or cream pages. confused-smiley-013.gif

I've actually noticed that with the Pacific Coast pedigree. There's plenty of GA/Silver age books with White/OW pages while some of the later Bronze have tan and off-white pages...893whatthe.gif

It would seem storage played a big part in that...confused-smiley-013.gif

There's probably no interesting explanation. Probably something as boring as the way they were

stored. Maybe the collector ran out of room in his airtight humidity controlled vault and stored the

overflow out in the barn.