• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Dentist and his collection

29 posts in this topic

He has two that I know of.

thebigloo

redmelvin27

You can add "blissard" to that list.

This is his active account.

I have purchased a few items from "Blissard" and they arrive in good condition very quickly but I seem to be bidding against local dealers like Al Stoltz of Basement Comics. Perhaps Al lives close enough to save on postage by picking up in person. Or we just buy the same kind of stuff.

I seem to recall "thebigloo" selling a very impressive set of bound volumes on ebay a few years ago. I thought to myself at the time, "Someone is getting out of the hobby..." - little did I know!

In December 2004, I purchased a raw copy of Action #27 from thebigloo. The subject and description said the book was UNRESTORED in caps. I knew virtually nothing about resto back then. It was amatuer with glue on the spine. :(

In December 2004, I purchased a raw copy of Action #27 from thebigloo. The subject and description said the book was UNRESTORED in caps. I knew virtually nothing about resto back then. It was amatuer with glue on the spine. :(

Sorry that you're also a part of the "Dentist" club, Mike - there's a legion of us out there that have been "drilled", no doubt.

Back then, we nicknamed him "thebigloo(ser)". :tonofbricks:

Sorry that you're also a part of the "Dentist" club, Mike - there's a legion of us out there, no doubt.

Back then, we nicknamed him "thebigloo(ser)". :tonofbricks:

I did notice a strange gloss on the lower part of the spine. I just didn't know it was glue. It was applied to a large area. Shortly after finding this out, I was in a local LSC looking at Actions in the display case. I noticed #20 and a logo. I asked to see the book because the price was fairly low. I was so focused on the spine looking for glue, it took me 30 seconds to realize it was a Superman #20 instead of Action. doh!