• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Registry Set Additions Winter 2011-2012 - Full Sets Only

60 posts in this topic

• Administrator

This is the thread to request full set additions to the CGC Registry. (Requests for expansions can be made in the thread dedicated to those requests) There must be more than one book in the set or graded by CGC to create a set. You can add your request to this thread, just please only request a title once and check to make sure that the set does not already exist on the registry.

Below is the list of sets currently up for addition based upon previous requests.

As before, each set will be marked as DONE when they are finished. (or if I have any notes or questions, that will be noted instead).

Once I have completed this list I will create a new list of the requests that are featured in this thread, so please try to only request a title once and then be patient for the new thread (it helps to skim through and make sure another user hasn’t requested it already, too)…thanks!

Ms. Mystic set (have list) (DONE)

The Pro (DONE)

Incredible Hulk (Dale Keown) (DONE)

GI Joe: Future Noir (IDW) (DONE)

Flashpoint (DONE)

Amazing Cow Heroes (DONE)

Red Circle Sorcery (DONE)

Chilling Adventures in Sorcery (DONE)

Atomic Robo (DONE)

Darkhold (DONE)

District X (DONE)

Arak, Son of Thunder (DONE)

Web of Evil (Quality) (DONE)

Doc Savage (Street & Smith) (already a set)

Mighty Thor (2011) (DONE)

Titans (2008) (DONE)

Fighting Fronts! (Harvey) (DONE)

Crack Comics (DONE)

Spider-Island (including crossovers) (DONE)

Smokey Bear Set (DONE)

Davy Crockett (Dell/Gold Key) (DONE)

Leave it To Beaver (Dell) (DONE)

77 Sunset Strip (Dell/Gold Key) (DONE)

Tales of Wells Fargo (Dell) (DONE)

The Rebel (Dell) (DONE)

Beavis & Butt-head (Marvel) (DONE)

Warlord of Mars (2010) (DONE)

Evil Ernie: Straight To Hell (DONE)

Evil Ernie: Revenge (DONE)

Evil Ernie: Resurrection (DONE)

Super Comics (Dell) (DONE)

Marvel Premiere (Iron Fist issues 15-25) (DONE)

Big Questions (Drawn and Quarterly) (DONE)

Star Wars: Boba Fett (including Wizard ½ issues) (DONE)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IDW (+var.) (DONE)

Turtlemania (white, silver, and gold) (DONE)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures (Archie) (DONE)

The Avengers (Golden Key 1967) (DONE)

Excaliber (DONE)

Bulletman (Fawcett) (DONE)

Amazing Fantasy (2004) (DONE)

Gene Autry's Champion (DONE)

Etonnant Spider-Man (Heritage) (none graded? add to foreign set?)

Uomo Ragno (none graded? add to foreign set?)

Hombre Arana (Asombroso, and Sorpredente) (none graded? add to foreign set?)

Secret Wars Series (have list) (DONE)

X-Force(Complete) set (DONE)

Batman #601 - 700 (DONE)

Fish Police set (DONE)

Omaha the Cat Dancer (have list) (DONE)

Blackest Night (DC 2010) including crossovers (already a set)

Firestorm (DC 1978) (DONE)

Green Arrow (DC 2010) (DONE)

Power Man 50-125 (DONE)

Dreams of the Darkchylde (DONE)

Fairy Tale Parade (DONE)

Walking Dead Survivors' Guide (DONE)

Spider-Man Collectible series (DONE)

Airboy (Hillman) (DONE)

Clue Comics (DONE)

Frisky Fables (DONE)

Funny Folks (DONE)

Gay Comics (DONE)

Law Breakers Always Lose (DONE)

Batman (2011) (DONE)

Detective Comics (2011) (DONE)

Hot Stuff Creepy Caves (DONE)

Betty and Me (DONE)

Star Wars Monthly (Dark Horse) (DONE)

Star Wars Tales (1999) 1-24 (DONE)

Classic Star Wars (1992) 1-20 (DONE)

Aliens: Book II #1 – 4 (v2) (DONE)

Foxy Fagan (1948, Dearfield Publishing) (only one issue graded, not a set)

Aliens: Earth War #1 – 4 (DONE)

Fightin' Airforce (Charlton) #3-53 (DONE)

Deadlands One-Shot set (Image) (DONE)

Etta Kett (only one issue graded, not a set)

Big Chief Wahoo (DONE)

L'il Abner (DONE)

Comics on Parade (DONE)

Boots and Her Buddies (DONE)

Freckles and His Friends (DONE)

Abbie an' Slats (only one issue graded, not a set)

Red Dragon (vol. 1 & 2) (DONE)

Justice League (2011) (DONE)

Shield (1973, 2010, 2011) (DONE)

Alien 3 (1992) #1-3 (DONE)

Aliens: Genocide (1991) #1-4 (DONE)

Aliens: Hive (1992) #1-4 (DONE)

Ultimate Spider-Man/Ultimate Comics Spider-man (2011) (DONE)

Beyond the Grave (Charlton) 1-17 (DONE)

Cages (Tundra) 1-10 (only one issue graded, not a set)

Creepy Things (Charlton) 1-6 (DONE)

Ghost Castle (DC) 1-3 (only one issue graded, not a set)

Gunfighters in Hell (Rebel) 1-5 + Gunfighters in Hell Black Magic Edition 1 (only one issue graded, not a set)

Scary Tales (Charlton) 1-46 (DONE)

X-Men and the Micronauts Limited Series (1984) (DONE)

Red Rabbit (Dearfield Publishing, 1947-1951) (only one issue graded, not a set)

Adventures of Slim and Spud (One-Shot), PRAIRIE FARMER, 1924 (will any other books go with this? I can't add a one-shot...) (only one issue graded, not a set)

The Texan (St. John) (DONE)

Mad Hatter (OW Comics) (DONE)

Dark Mysteries (Master Publications) (already a set)

America's Funniest Comics (Wise Publications) (DONE)

Jungle Jo (Fox Features) (DONE)

Jamboree Comics (Round) (DONE)

Wizard 1/2 set (DONE)

Alien Encounters (Eclipse 1986-1987) (DONE)

Arrrgh! I missed the new list by 3 hours!

Can you add:

The Texan (St. John)

Mad Hatter (OW Comics)

Dark Mysteries (Master Publications)

America's Funniest Comics (Wise Publications)

Jungle Jo (Fox Features)

Jamboree Comics (Round)

Thanks!

We can have a re-poll in the polling section to see if there is additional support if you like. Which ones were you hoping for?

Thanks Gemma :foryou:

I was hoping for these to be added:

Amazing Spider-Man #129

Amazing Spider-Man #252

Amazing Spider-Man #298

Amazing Spider-Man #300

Secret Wars #8

There are others, but these are the most complete sets out there. I'd really appreciate if we could do a repoll.

Thanks so much!

So, one set for each issue containing all foreign variants for that issue or one set of all Spider-Man titles with foreign editions? :shrug:

I would say create one set containing all foreign issues.

K.

What I was hoping for was for example, a set containing all the ASM 252 reprints, then a set for all the ASM 298 reprints. We could do one full set but wasn't the consensus that that would be a bad idea?

Sorry, I'm just chiming in now but I think the overall theme here is ASM Foreign books. That's why I think it should be one big set but it's just my opinion :)

K.

So, one set for each issue containing all foreign variants for that issue or one set of all Spider-Man titles with foreign editions? :shrug:

I would say create one set containing all foreign issues.

K.

I agree - single issue sets seem like overkill as you'd then potentially have to create 100s of new foreign sets for each individual issue of Spider-Man that has been translated into a foreign language.

The more sets the merrier. I don't have a problem with single issue sets. Seems like a reasonable goal to get a key in all the available languages. How many languages was ASM 252 printed in?

The more sets the merrier. I don't have a problem with single issue sets. Seems like a reasonable goal to get a key in all the available languages. How many languages was ASM 252 printed in?
I agree.

Around 15, but there are 20 total including the regular US issue + reprints. Check the almost complete gallery on my site: www.ForeignComicBooks.yolasite.com - under Amazing Spider-Man #252 ;)

I agree.

Around 15, but there are 20 total including the regular US issue + reprints. Check the almost complete gallery on my site: www.ForeignComicBooks.yolasite.com - under Amazing Spider-Man #252 ;)

20 books is more than enough for a set. If it was just a couple, that would be one thing, but 20 issues is a reasonably-sized set that would be challenging but not impossible to complete.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IDW (+var. and Turtlemania (white, silver, and gold))

I don't know what the plan was for these, but I'm not sure if you were planning on adding the Turtlemania books to the IDW set or not. The Turtlemania books don't really belong with the IDW books and should definitely be in their own sets.

The Turtlemania books belong in their own 3-book set (standard, Silver, and Gold).

If you're going to include all the variants for the IDW series, just know that there are a lot and just like the original series, there are some 1-issue microseries (named for each turtle) that should be included as well. I didn't originally request this set, but I thought some links would be helpful for whoever did. Here are some links to the variant lists for all the books that are out as of this posting (except Donatello, which will be released later).

#1 - 15 variants

#2 - 8 variants

#3 - 7 variants

#4 - 5 variants

Raphael - 5 variants

Michelangelo - 4 variants

Donatello - 4 variants

I agree.

20 books is more than enough for a set. If it was just a couple, that would be one thing, but 20 issues is a reasonably-sized set that would be challenging but not impossible to complete.

(thumbs u My thoughts exactly. Now, that may only apply to the 252, but let me get you guys some numbers for some other issues and we can compare.

• Administrator
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IDW (+var. and Turtlemania (white, silver, and gold))

I don't know what the plan was for these, but I'm not sure if you were planning on adding the Turtlemania books to the IDW set or not. The Turtlemania books don't really belong with the IDW books and should definitely be in their own sets.

The Turtlemania books belong in their own 3-book set (standard, Silver, and Gold).

If you're going to include all the variants for the IDW series, just know that there are a lot and just like the original series, there are some 1-issue microseries (named for each turtle) that should be included as well. I didn't originally request this set, but I thought some links would be helpful for whoever did. Here are some links to the variant lists for all the books that are out as of this posting (except Donatello, which will be released later).

#1 - 15 variants

#2 - 8 variants

#3 - 7 variants

#4 - 5 variants

Raphael - 5 variants

Michelangelo - 4 variants

Donatello - 4 variants

Thanks! I fixed the list and will use the links as reference. :)