• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Secret Wars # 8 CGC 9.9 Mint White

85 posts in this topic

To add 3 new members would be too many, I think.

I like a Gambit appearance like the Colossus appearance.

Remember, Cyclops was not in a lot of X-Men 2.

This is true. I'd like to see more Colossus before I'd want to see Gambit. Actually, I don't want to see Gambit at all. I was just pointing out that they seem to want to add him.

If anything, they'll introduce these new characters (Gambit, Beast, Angel) in case the original cast members decide not to sign on for more movies beyond #3. Hugh Jackman is already making noise about not being Wolverine anymore after the next film. I still think he'll do it, but I don't like hearing that kind of talk from him. Hopefully the way Van Helsing is bombing will convince him that Wolverine is a better and safer role for him.

Anyone think we will bust $1750 ?? gossip.gif

Right now we are at a multiple of about 6-7X

Think it's time to start the auction for my 9.8??? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Without a doubt, especially ahead of S2. I just thought for a minute there we could hit a multiple of 9-10X on this thing, but the end saw no last second buzzer beating snipers. I would wager your slabbed 9.8 would bring a pay day in the $175.00ish range all day long.

If your slabbing comics for speculation purposes, there is definitely a time to buy and a time to sell. Now is a great time to be a seller.

Hugh Jackman is already making noise about not being Wolverine anymore after the next film. I still think he'll do it, but I don't like hearing that kind of talk from him. Hopefully the way Van Helsing is bombing will convince him that Wolverine is a better and safer role for him.

Talk about a strange career choice. confused-smiley-013.gif

Anyone think we will bust $1750 ?? gossip.gif

Right now we are at a multiple of about 6-7X

Think it's time to start the auction for my 9.8??? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Without a doubt, especially ahead of S2. I just thought for a minute there we could hit a multiple of 9-10X on this thing, but the end saw no last second buzzer beating snipers. I would wager your slabbed 9.8 would bring a pay day in the $175.00ish range all day long.

If your slabbing comics for speculation purposes, there is definitely a time to buy and a time to sell. Now is a great time to be a seller.

Yep, that's the plan -- it goes up any day now. Heck, tomorrow I guess.

Well, if anyone wants to beat out the competition, my offer of selling the 9.8 for half what the 9.9 issue sold for will be honored! insane.gif I'll throw in free shipping too! flowerred.gif27_laughing.gif

Hopefully the way Van Helsing is bombing will convince him that Wolverine is a better and safer role for him.

Is it bombing? $80 million in the US after two weeks on a $210 million production budget, coupled with mixed critical reviews, tell me it's not a "bomb." Not a blockbuster, but not a bomb either.

I agree. Add in foreign (which is making basically the same as US) and I'm sure it will be in the black. Universal sales on all 3 original monster flicks have been brisk.

What about Troy? That has to be seen as a major disappointment.

Hopefully the way Van Helsing is bombing will convince him that Wolverine is a better and safer role for him.

Is it bombing? $80 million in the US after two weeks on a $210 million production budget, coupled with mixed critical reviews, tell me it's not a "bomb." Not a blockbuster, but not a bomb either.

You can gets sets in stores now, called The Monsters That Inspired Van Helsing. I thought about it for about this

long. I read the books, the movies always suck, they are never right.

What about Troy? That has to be seen as a major disappointment.

Why? $56 million domestic, $55 million overseas on a $200 million cost with mixed critical reviews? This film looks like a carbon copy of Van Helsing success-wise so far. If a $56 million dollar opening is a disappointment, there are some Hollywood accountants who need a good thrashing...

I will most likely bump it up to $115.

sumo.gif

What? That's not half! smile.gif

I started the auction but the opening bid is $149 with no reserve. Recent sales on 9.8s have been beating that number pretty handily, so I think it'll sell easily.

Saw someone else has a 9.8 up for auction. It's got 4+ days to go. Mine's a 10 day auction, so I'll get a chance to see how this earlier one ends. The colors on it look washed out vs my copy, but the slight miswrap isn't there like mine and the 9.9.