• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Secret Wars # 8 CGC 9.9 Mint White

85 posts in this topic

Hopefully the way Van Helsing is bombing will convince him that Wolverine is a better and safer role for him.

Is it bombing? $80 million in the US after two weeks on a $210 million production budget, coupled with mixed critical reviews, tell me it's not a "bomb." Not a blockbuster, but not a bomb either.

When you look at the drop-off from week 1 to week 2, yes it is bombing. It is falling far short of expectations.

So the Summer has NOT gotten off to a great star. Both Van Helsing and Troy have fallen way short of expectations.

FFB, you feeling better? Did Asia bring you that chicken soup? devil.gif

I had chicken soup today, but not from Asia. I feel better than yesterday, but still not at 100%. Lightheaded all day. Thankfully, it's been a slow day at work. I had a summary judgment hearing tomorrow morning that the judge continued for three weeks, so I don't have to prepare tonight, or argue tomorrow with the sniffles and a hoarse voice. smile.gif

I had chicken soup today, but not from Asia. I feel better than yesterday, but still not at 100%. Lightheaded all day.

Get well soon. The boards were about 200 posts light yesterday. grin.giftongue.gifstooges.gif

The rumor is that Cletus Kasady (Carnage) has a cameo at the end of Spidey 2. So this leads me to believe that Venom will then show up in Spidey 3 with Carnage. Tease you with Kasady and that wham you in the face with Venom. That would be incredible but makes sense since they want to bring in more recent foes of Spidey for the newer generation of comic readers.

whats up with your gallery pic?

hi.gif

Thanks for mentioning that. foreheadslap.gif

Obviously I fouled it up! Have tried to replace it w/ the correct image. It's not immediately correcting the error, so I'll wait a while to check again to see if it gets updated.

sumo.gif

thumbsup2.gif

thats better. Like i said before, now you just have to hope for a bidding war!

popcorn.gif

Hope for a bidding war? You mean you aren't going to start one for me? 27_laughing.gif

Buy it and flip it closer to June 30? My schedule is going to be a bit busy in June, so I decided I needed to make my move now to sell it on the heels of the 9.9. But the timing could have been better since the 9.9 seller threw up a 9.8 copy too! 893frustrated.gif

There has been a steady flow of these books on ebay, usually atleast two up for auction each week. The book has spiked in price over the last few months due to spidey 2 hype, and the new secret wars series doing well. I will not bid above $115, because thats around the price they where going for last summer. You might have had a better chance by starting the auction off as a no reserve, this brings in more bidders, and lately I have been doing better than o.k. with my no reserve auctions. Sometimes you get a crazy pair of bidders, which is what I always hope for. The 9.9 going for over 1000 is just as insane as a MS 5 9.4 going for over $2000. I figure a 9.9 to be worth around 500-600.

thumbsup2.gif

There has been a steady flow of these books on ebay, usually atleast two up for auction each week. The book has spiked in price over the last few months due to spidey 2 hype, and the new secret wars series doing well. I will not bid above $115, because thats around the price they where going for last summer. You might have had a better chance by starting the auction off as a no reserve, this brings in more bidders, and lately I have been doing better than o.k. with my no reserve auctions. Sometimes you get a crazy pair of bidders, which is what I always hope for. The 9.9 going for over 1000 is just as insane as a MS 5 9.4 going for over $2000. I figure a 9.9 to be worth around 500-600.

thumbsup2.gif

You never know about the starting/ending price. This one just ended after starting at $9.99:

SW #8

He got less than my opening bid! Of course, his quoted shipping charges are a little higher.

Anyway, the $150 mark is a relative bargain according to prices I've seen in recent months. It's been $160-$200 pretty easily.

C'mon bidding war!

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

The book has spiked in price over the last few months due to spidey 2 hype, and the new secret wars series doing well.

The success of the Secret War series having an effect I can buy...just. But Spidey 2 Hype?? I think there is very little chance of Venom ever appearing in a Spider-Man movie. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The book has spiked in price over the last few months due to spidey 2 hype, and the new secret wars series doing well.

The success of the Secret War series having an effect I can buy...just. But Spidey 2 Hype?? I think there is very little chance of Venom ever appearing in a Spider-Man movie. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

why? why wouldnt Venom appear in a Spidey Movie?

why? why wouldnt Venom appear in a Spidey Movie?

He's not the most visually interesting Spidey villain, but he'd certainly be the most expensive to create... that's a bad mix right there. Couple that with the fact that that just isn't the way the Spidey movies seem to work (thematically). It looks like it's more about Peter than Spidey and a Spidey-centric villain like Venom just doesn't seem to fit.