• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FAN EXPO VANCOUVER™ launches April 21-22 2012 at the Vancouver Convention Centre

78 posts in this topic

Is there any chance of getting books signed for SS with the current position? Is CGC in the works, or will the presence of a facilitator be enough?

There are some great artists coming that I would love a signature from (for SS).

I am interested in this as well if just because of some of the media guests :) I just hope they are all on the same day odds are i will only be able to go for one day

Don't you live just a short drive away from downtown? :baiting:

:baiting:i wouldn't really call it short how ever the drive has nothing to do with me having to go to work on one of those days :sorry::( Ones i really care about seeing are ... top down ... Also between eccc & ?FEV(lol)? I don't know if I would want to stay for both days ... between the two days & the cons cash will be hurting I got a feeling I'll only be going to FEV for the photo ops :D

JOHN DELANCIE

KEVIN SORBO

MICHAEL DORN

MARINA SIRTIS

WHich brings up an other interesting question on just when will we find out about how things will be done ... photo op /sig prices ect? Do we bring our own cameras or will there be an official person taking the photo ops ...[Please don't be froggys photos lol]

Well in any case, if you wind up making it give me shout. I'd love to say hi at the show!

We are very pleased to add:

GREG RUCKA

The Punisher, Stumptown

rucka1.jpg

Greg Rucka is a New York Times bestselling author of over fifteen novels and countless comics, with his latest novel, ALPHA, to be released in May 2012. The writer of the webcomic Lady Sabre & the Pirates of the Ineffable Aether (www.lady-sabre.com) with artist Rick Burchett, he currently scribes The Punisher for Marvel, while pursuing his own creator-owned works with Oni Press, most recently Stumptown with artist Matthew Southworth. He lives in Portland, Oregon, and loves his family, rye whisky, and the Portland Timbers.

For a full guest list please please click this link!! Fan Expo Vancouver Guest List

:whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee:

:whee:Any facilitators or CAWs accepting books?:whee:

:whee:I just saw that Pia Guerra is going to be there and I would love to add her to my Y :whee::The Last Man #1.:whee:

:whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee:

Stop dancing around the question...

lol:roflmao:

I don't think there are enough forumites that will attend Vancouver's comicon on the same day to hold a forum dinner.

The scuttlebutt from the suburbs seems to be very positive for this con, so I expect comic collector attendance to hit 2k and 5k from the manga crowd under ideal circumstances for this 2 day show. The Fan Expo's local Georgia Straight article said they had projected 10k for attendance on the low end of their scale.

Their online dealer/exhibitor's list is misleading, as 1 LCS will not be sending his staff there, and a local collector has been banned from selling at Vancouver cons for over 20 years. :slapfight:

Sorry greggy, but I will be busy on the Sat. of Fan Expo at another 2 day local annual antique collectibles show that has 150 vendors from across western Canada.

Advance Fan Expo promotion has been excellent with their informative website, centerfold spreads in the Thursday Vancouver Sun paper, front page picture in the West Ender paper, full page realistic "I expect 1st Fan Expo to be a loss leader" Georgia Straight article, bonus full page article in Friday Apr 20/12 Van Sun paper about Spurlock's SDCC and Wondercon movie again hi-lighting cosplay, Star Wars, Stan Lee pic, etc.

I am still projecting attendance to be 7k people, and hope Hobbystar can breakeven. Any boost in attendance will have to be provided by fans driving up from Seattle, WA so I hope they have their passports in order. :foryou: