• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Goblin Makeup test for Sam Raimis SPIDER-MAN

52 posts in this topic

Do you think the real reason they actually really used the mask in the movie, because one marketing exec suggested Halloween costumes could bring in more revenue for the film as the DVD would be released before Thanksgiving that year in a focus meeting. "A simple-yet, less-intense(complicated) mask would be perfect for a five year old hobgoblin's parent". I think about this a lot whenever the first one comes on cable. I wish they didn't go with the "look" they used, considered Williem DaFoe's wide range of expressions(Off Limits, Speed 2 ( lol ). The Macy Gray concert scene was kinda dated too in 2002. hm

I agree that Iron man Green Goblin wanna be was terrible.
I agree they really could have done better with the Goblin in the film, but this makeup test doesn't help the comic accurate look either. :P

If they did go this route they needed to downsize the ears (think Mr. Spock) and make the eyes less bulbous. lol

Looks pretty damned accurate to me.

A million times better than the Green Power Ranger Goblin. :cry:

GreenGoblinMU17.gif

I agree,looks much nicer than the one they chose.

I would have far preferred this design had I been privy to it's existence a decade ago. But, I don't suppose this sort of an organic version of GG would have fit in with the whole defense contract origin used.

But, let's hope that should the powers that be decide to go with Norman Osborn ought to be the villain again within the next few years that they go with this ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN organic look.

Jim

I agree they really could have done better with the Goblin in the film, but this makeup test doesn't help the comic accurate look either. :P

If they did go this route they needed to downsize the ears (think Mr. Spock) and make the eyes less bulbous. lol

Looks pretty damned accurate to me.

A million times better than the Green Power Ranger Goblin. :cry:

GreenGoblinMU17.gif

I agree,looks much nicer than the one they chose.

Agree100%

I can't even express how epic Spider-Man 1 would have been with this Goblin.

I really feel sick to my stomach because they didn't use this. Like we were cheated as Spidey fans. :cry:

I really feel sick to my stomach because they didn't use this. Like we were cheated as Spidey fans. :cry:

Even this wudda been better - just CG some sparks on his fingers.

lol

119166.jpg.f58df0aef955b53cf273458dfacac76f.jpg

Even this wudda been better - just CG some sparks on his fingers.

lol

He was already half way there. lol

Sides for the eyes, and maybe the "hat" (Could of been better, and the eyes was to "alien" like...normal would of worked).

It would of been better I suppose.

"would have" :gossip:

The hat and eyes were place holders for CGI to be added. That's not exactly what the finished product would have looked like.

Sides for the eyes, and maybe the "hat" (Could of been better, and the eyes was to "alien" like...normal would of worked).

It would of been better I suppose.

"would have" :gossip:

The hat and eyes were place holders for CGI to be added. That's not exactly what the finished product would have looked like.

I see, and very true.

Also I am drunk, so spelling and full finished sentences are very rare. right now. Although I am going to say good night. :P

Agreed.

Okay, just because you two are sharing the same computer doesn't mean you can high-five each other and yell, "Back me on this post!"

(tsk)

:baiting:

I'm on the fence. But what's done is done. Hopefully they'll use a goblin mask in some future movie (thumbs u ..... so fans can bitch about how unrealistic and silly it looks.

And for the record... Willem DaFoe's Norman Osborn/Green Goblin was my favorite part of the first Spider-man movie (which is probably my favorite comic movie).

:sumo:

Agreed.

Okay, just because you two are sharing the same computer doesn't mean you can high-five each other and yell, "Back me on this post!"

(tsk)

hm

Agreed.

(tsk)

hm
lol