• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee at the London Super Comic Con info

124 posts in this topic

Fish N Chips, 1 Pint beer mugs full of Goodness!!!! :cloud9:

Tourist :baiting:

I meant... a light-bulb toasted slice of pizza from 7/11 and a 40 of Mickeys :devil:

Hector..

I thought I heard the last time you had a 40 of Mickeys you were found hanging out with a bunch of cross dressers and doing pole dances to Rod Stewart's "Don't you think I'm sexy" in the Red Light District in Germany.

:whistle:

This post is about the Stan Lee signings taking place at the London Super Comic Con. That is an event the last time I checked so it is in the Event section.

Actually, no. The LSCC already has an event thread. You have a separate thread for your signings in the SS forum. We can agree to disagree as to whether CGC should kowtow to spam to make a high volume submitter happy.

BTW, apparently I'm not the only one who thinks this is spam. When I went to hit the mod button, it had already been slapped by someone else.

So, I guess you're right. CGC agrees that this spam is ok. I wonder why that is? hm

This post is about the Stan Lee signings taking place at the London Super Comic Con. That is an event the last time I checked so it is in the Event section.

Actually, no. The LSCC already has an event thread. You have a separate thread for your signings in the SS forum. We can agree to disagree as to whether CGC should kowtow to spam to make a high volume submitter happy.

Your opinion is yours to voice. But why not try to keep this thread something postive in helping answer questions from new CGC customers who have never had the chance to get books signed at a show and submit books at a show. A positive attitude can be a great asset to CGC in spreading the brand. Hope you can join us.

BTW, apparently I'm not the only one who thinks this is spam. When I went to hit the mod button, it had already been slapped by someone else.

So, I guess you're right. CGC agrees that this spam is ok. I wonder why that is? hm

CGC is a business. They provide these boards free of charge. What's wrong with allowing a thread that will drive a little business their way? (shrug)

CGC is a business. They provide these boards free of charge. What's wrong with allowing a thread that will drive a little business their way? (shrug)

This is not a knock on CGC's business. It's a knock on the decision to make this a sticky.

I'm having one book signed by Stan for CGC SS and thats that.

I'm getting a raw DD signed by Stan when I queue up and will probably get some sketches by Wrightson and a few others.

I've got too many other irons in the fire to be CGC SS'ing a ton of books or even standard CGC books at the mo.

You are very unlikely to be able to get a sketch from Wrightson. As I understand it, it's not something he's normally happy to do at a con'. Also, have you paid extra for two sigs from Stan? You'll be getting one sig with your tier ticket. If you then get that SS that's up to you, if you want something else signed that's more dough. Not trying to on your chips, just don't want you to be disappointed (thumbs u

I'm dumb as spit to begin with regarding these cons but your confusing me even more.

I purchased a tier 2 ticket because:

a) I wanted to make sure I had a seat for the SL panel.

b) I get to stand in line and get da man to sign a raw book.

My understanding is that for CGC SS of a Stan Lee sig I fill a form out and leave the book with DWC who witnesses SL signing it and then ships it off to CGC and I wait for it to return.

In the mean time I'm free to queue up and get SL to sign a "raw" book which I happily take away with me. Is this not the case?

I'm getting a raw DD signed by Stan when I queue up and will probably get some sketches by Wrightson and a few others.

I've got too many other irons in the fire to be CGC SS'ing a ton of books or even standard CGC books at the mo.

You are very unlikely to be able to get a sketch from Wrightson. As I understand it, it's not something he's normally happy to do at a con'. Also, have you paid extra for two sigs from Stan? You'll be getting one sig with your tier ticket. If you then get that SS that's up to you, if you want something else signed that's more dough. Not trying to on your chips, just don't want you to be disappointed (thumbs u

I'm dumb as spit to begin with regarding these cons but your confusing me even more.

My understanding is that for CGC SS of a Stan Lee sig I fill a form out and leave the book with DWC who witnesses SL signing it and then ships it off to CGC and I wait for it to return.

In the mean time I'm free to queue up and get SL to sign a "raw" book which I happily take away with me. Is this not the case?

Bane you said you bought a Tier 2 ticket which entitles you to getting 1 item signed by Stan Lee at the show. What you get signed by Stan is up to you and getting it CGC graded has nothing to do with the Tier 2 ticket.

Now the question is, have you bought an Additional Stan Lee Autograph ticket for the 2nd item you want to get signed? Please note that CGC grading has nothing to do with you purchasing a Stan Lee signing ticket from the show because the CGC grading is a seperate fee.

The Tier 1, 2 or 3 tickets entitle you to queue in the Stan Lee signing line at the show. You will be able to get 1 item signed.

If you wish to get any additional items signed by Stan Lee, you must purchase a seperate Additional Stan Lee Autograph ticket from the show website (same place you purchased your Tier ticket). Items to be signed using an Additional Stan Lee autograph ticket will be given to DWC to be signed by Stan after the show is over for that day and will be returned to the ticket purchaser either later that evening in the hotel where DWC will be staying or at the show the following day. If you wish to get your item CGC graded after Stan signs it, you will need to come to the DWC booth to fill out a CGC submission form. You can do this for either the 1 item you will get signed in the signing line at the show or when you drop your book off to have it signed as part of the Additional Stan Lee signing after the show.

Any book signed by Stan Lee will be eligible to be CGC graded at an additional fee. Either visit the DWC website or e-mail DWC at StanLeeUK@desertwindcomics.com with any questions regarding CGC grading prices or details.

I hope this helps.

This is not a knock on CGC's business. It's a knock on the decision to make this a sticky.

It's not spam per se, but it doesn't belong in this forum. However, seeing as it is stickied, it has become a CGC sanctioned, it provides a revenue stream, free "banner ad," if you will, for Desertwind Comics.

The people who should truly be pissed are the ones paying monthly fees for banner ads at the top of the page. In addition to people like MrBedrock, who had their signature lines scrubbed by the moderators of any links to their outside web sites promoting their businesses, who in turn feed business to CGC as well.

It's not spam per se, but it doesn't belong in this forum. However, seeing as it is stickied, it has become a CGC sanctioned, it provides a revenue stream, free "banner ad," if you will, for Desertwind Comics.

The people who should truly be pissed are the ones paying monthly fees for banner ads at the top of the page. In addition to people like MrBedrock, who had their signature lines scrubbed by the moderators of any links to their outside web sites promoting their businesses, who in turn feed business to CGC as well.

Ok, I see your point on that. It has been useful for us noobs though, but like I say I see your point.

Bane you said you bought a Tier 2 ticket which entitles you to getting 1 item signed by Stan Lee at the show. What you get signed by Stan is up to you and getting it CGC graded has nothing to do with the Tier 2 ticket.

Now the question is, have you bought an Additional Stan Lee Autograph ticket for the 2nd item you want to get signed? Please note that CGC grading has nothing to do with you purchasing a Stan Lee signing ticket from the show because the CGC grading is a seperate fee.

The Tier 1, 2 or 3 tickets entitle you to queue in the Stan Lee signing line at the show. You will be able to get 1 item signed.

If you wish to get any additional items signed by Stan Lee, you must purchase a seperate Additional Stan Lee Autograph ticket from the show website (same place you purchased your Tier ticket). Items to be signed using an Additional Stan Lee autograph ticket will be given to DWC to be signed by Stan after the show is over for that day and will be returned to the ticket purchaser either later that evening in the hotel where DWC will be staying or at the show the following day. If you wish to get your item CGC graded after Stan signs it, you will need to come to the DWC booth to fill out a CGC submission form. You can do this for either the 1 item you will get signed in the signing line at the show or when you drop your book off to have it signed as part of the Additional Stan Lee signing after the show.

Any book signed by Stan Lee will be eligible to be CGC graded at an additional fee. Either visit the DWC website or e-mail DWC at StanLeeUK@desertwindcomics.com with any questions regarding CGC grading prices or details.

I hope this helps.

Thanks that helps (thumbs u

I hope this helps.

Bane - I've got two 2nd tier tickets for Saturday ( so both me and my daughter can go to the panel ) but I'm only getting one item signed by Stan so if I'm correct in understanding all of this, I could get a 2nd item signed for you for free.

David

I hope this helps.

Bane - I've got two 2nd tier tickets for Saturday ( so both me and my daughter can go to the panel ) but I'm only getting one item signed by Stan so if I'm correct in understanding all of this, I could get a 2nd item signed for you for free.

David

Thanks for the offer David, I'll let you know (thumbs u

[Absolutely. Just make sure you make the signature opening in the signing bag at least 2 inches tall by 4 inches wide. You want Stan to have plenty of room to sign your book.

Do you recommend doing this for all comics that you want signed at the show?

It has two main advantages, namely;

1. You get the sig where you want it, the size that you want it.

2. It helps prevent anyone handling your book from damaging it and causing an unpleasant grade drop surprise, when you get it back from CGC.

[Absolutely. Just make sure you make the signature opening in the signing bag at least 2 inches tall by 4 inches wide. You want Stan to have plenty of room to sign your book.

Do you recommend doing this for all comics that you want signed at the show?

It has two main advantages, namely;

1. You get the sig where you want it, the size that you want it.

2. It helps prevent anyone handling your book from damaging it and causing an unpleasant grade drop surprise, when you get it back from CGC.

This only works if you have enough backing for the book. A book, in a bag with a cutout that only has a flimsy backing board for protection runs a high risk of bends or damage to the corners. A book in a window bag with a fullback or 3-4 backing boards should have enough protection for the artists with concrete hands.