• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee at the London Super Comic Con info

124 posts in this topic

Here's a tricky shipping conundrum.

I'm intending to get;

2 moderns sig'd

1 Economy sig'd (Although, if I find the right book, might be 2)

Potentially 10 moderns (GFT) Universally submitted

Would the 2 modern Sig Series subs be classed as the same tier as the 10 universal subs for return shipping or would I be looking at 3 lots of return shipping?

On my first ever submission I ended up paying through the nose as I (Schoolboy error) mixed my tiers (1 Economy, 10 Universal, 1 reholder) and ended up paying as much for the total shipping as I did for the CGC certs.

If the modern SS's will be return shipped combined with the Universal moderns, I can re-think the amount to submit (Probably increase to 13 to benefit from the £80 return shipping).

Any takers on an answer???

3 separate invoices and unless you work out something with CGC and wait for the slowest books, 3 separate deliveries.

Aww toss!!!

Probably cheaper for me to fly to Sarasota and bring them back by hand...

I've asked them if they were willing to postpone shipments before in order to combine postage and got a definitive NO back.

I'm having one book signed by Stan for CGC SS and thats that.

I'm getting a raw DD signed by Stan when I queue up and will probably get some sketches by Wrightson and a few others.

I've got too many other irons in the fire to be CGC SS'ing a ton of books or even standard CGC books at the mo.

I have a question:

Why is this a sticky? Why does it get priority over every other event post?

Why is this in the events section? Why isn't it confined to the post you already have over in the SS forum?

It's not enough to have wrestled a monopoly on Stan's sigs, you have to push out other posts as well?

I'm having one book signed by Stan for CGC SS and thats that.

I'm getting a raw DD signed by Stan when I queue up and will probably get some sketches by Wrightson and a few others.

I've got too many other irons in the fire to be CGC SS'ing a ton of books or even standard CGC books at the mo.

You are very unlikely to be able to get a sketch from Wrightson. As I understand it, it's not something he's normally happy to do at a con'. Also, have you paid extra for two sigs from Stan? You'll be getting one sig with your tier ticket. If you then get that SS that's up to you, if you want something else signed that's more dough. Not trying to on your chips, just don't want you to be disappointed (thumbs u

I have a question:

Why is this in the events section? Why isn't it confined to the post you already have over in the SS forum?

It's not enough to have wrestled a monopoly on Stan's sigs, you have to push out other posts as well?

I have no idea why this is stickied. I don't think it had anything to do with any of us. Probably best to keep all our dumb noob questions contained here, rather than taking up space in general though. By all means have a word with the mods if you have a gripe about it.

WWSLD?? hm

Probably draw a cockroach.

What Would Stan Lee Do?

Probably draw a cockroach

Fixed that for you...

Ok, you are definitely buying the first round in London :baiting:

WWSLD?? hm

What Would Stan Lee Do?

Fixed that for you...

Ok, you are I am definitely buying the first round in London :baiting:

Fixed that for you... (thumbs u

WWSLD?? hm

What Would Stan Lee Do?

Fixed that for you...

Ok, you are I am definitely buying the first round in London :baiting:

Fixed that for you... (thumbs u

:o

Fair enough

(thumbs u

Here's a tricky shipping conundrum.

I'm intending to get;

2 moderns sig'd

1 Economy sig'd (Although, if I find the right book, might be 2)

Potentially 10 moderns (GFT) Universally submitted

Would the 2 modern Sig Series subs be classed as the same tier as the 10 universal subs for return shipping or would I be looking at 3 lots of return shipping?

On my first ever submission I ended up paying through the nose as I (Schoolboy error) mixed my tiers (1 Economy, 10 Universal, 1 reholder) and ended up paying as much for the total shipping as I did for the CGC certs.

If the modern SS's will be return shipped combined with the Universal moderns, I can re-think the amount to submit (Probably increase to 13 to benefit from the £80 return shipping).

Any takers on an answer???

Stryfe1000

CGC grading times are based on the grading tier and NOT if they are Blue (Universal) Label or Yellow (Signature Series) Label. So if you have both Blue Label and Signature Series invoices in Modern Tier, they CAN ship together. As for Economy Tier submissions you can submit your book(s) for Economy FAST TRACK and they should be graded in the same amount of time as the Modern Tier books. So again they ALL can ship together to help save you on shipping cost.

Here is a solution for you. Make sure that whatever you submit first to the DWC booth that you inform us at that time that you will be submitting additional books throughout the show. That way we can mark on the CGC submission invoices for all invoices to ship together. The cost for submitting a Economy FAST TRACK will cost you £7 more per book but it then will save you an additional shipping fee. So all of your books will be able to ship to you altogether and thus save you alot of money on additional shipping costs.

I hope that helps?

I have a question:

Your question is a great question and the answer is simple. Because CGC felt that having this thread stickied at the top would be a good way to help answer questions for new CGC customers that are over in the UK and that will be attending this show. Once the show is over, I would imagine that CGC will release the sticky on this thread and allow it to move to the bottom of the page like all of the others.

This post is about the Stan Lee signings taking place at the London Super Comic Con. That is an event the last time I checked so it is in the Event section.

As for your concern of our "wrestled a monopoly", considering that they are several other facilitators who have signings with Stan as well as us. The word monopoly implies that only one person or company controls a market. That is not the case here..

Thank you for your concerns regarding this post and for the new CGC customers over in the UK.